Fables by Arnold Lobel

Fables (original 1980; edition 2016)

by Arnold Lobel (Author)

Twenty original fables about an array of animal characters from crocodile to ostrich.
Member:libbyshort
Title:Fables
Authors:Arnold Lobel (Author)
Info:HarperCollins (2016), Edition: Reprint, 56 pages

Fables by Arnold Lobel (1980)

All the miles of a hard road are worth a moment of true happiness.

I enjoy fables. It's a nice way to illustrate various lessons and morals and pass them along to children somewhat subtly. Especially when you take the wordcraft and illustrations of [a:Arnold Lobel|12447|Arnold Lobel|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1201019183p2/12447.jpg] ([b:Frog and Toad|18085528|Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!|Arnold Lobel|https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1375144266l/18085528._SX50_.jpg|25396166]).

The children enjoyed the stories. Some of them, they understood and laughed at. Some went right over their heads. Some honestly didn't make that much sense even to me. I don't even agree with all of the morals, but that gives you a chance to talk about it afterwords, which is worthwhile. Plus, they're fun little stories and each individual one is a quick, self-contained read.

A child's conduct will reflect the ways of his parents.

I hope to be worthy. ( )
  jpv0 | Jul 21, 2021 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
398.2
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 28, 2020 |
Arnold Lobel is the author and illustrator of many classic books for children. The reviewer for the 'New Times said of this work, "There is enough cheerful nonsense in Mr. Lobel's fables to endear any child listener."
  uufnn | Aug 17, 2019 |
This book tells twenty original fables about an array of animal characters from crocodile to ostrich.
  NMiller22 | Jul 20, 2019 |
A crocodile became increasingly fond of the wallpaper in his bedroom.
I have made my decision...I have never seen the ocean, and it is high time that I did. Nothing can make me change my mind.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,261,309 books! | Top bar: Always visible