All I Ever Wanted (2010)

by Kristan Higgins

For Callie Grey, turning thirty means coming to grips with the fact that her boss (and five-week fling) is way overdue in his marriage proposal. When Mark suddenly announces his engagement, Callie decides to stir up a relationship with the town's most eligible, yet not so warm and fuzzy, veterinarian, Ian McFarland, in order to flag Mark's attention.… (more)
Recently added byRennie8888, kingmob2, Arina8888

Voglio anch'io un bastardino di nome Bowie!

Okay... adesso inizia la vera recensione...

La Higgins ha la prodigiosa capacità di far divertire davvero con poco: nei suoi romanzi, non ci sono scene chissà quanto innovative, ma queste sono così adorabili e spassose che non si può fare a meno di divertirsi mentre si legge. La scena del tacchino, tanto per fare un esempio, è stata epica.

Miss Callie Grey è una di quelle ragazze che nessuno riesce a trovare antipatica e che si fa ben volere da tutti. L'unico che la scacia è il suo capo Mark, un bellimbusto che l'ha sedotta e abbandonata, ma continua a farle gli occhioni dolci perché Callie è troppo brava nel suo lavoro. E Miss Grey spera che, prima o poi, torni a fare fuoco e fiamme con lei.

Purtroppo compare Miss Ricca&Perfetta e Mark, da brava banderuola, l'accalappia subito. Un vero smacco per la povera Callie, che adesso dovrà fare di tutto per dimenticarlo e andare avanti con la sua vita. L'occasione si presenta con l'arrivo del nuovo veterinario, il burbero Ian McFarlan: certo il suo adorato cane Bowie ha bisogno di un controllo. Così come, pare, tutti i cani delle single del paese. Oops!

Da qui è un susseguirsi di incontri/scontri tra i due, alcuni esilaranti, altri da occhi a cuoricino. Ti prego, Higgins, non cambiare mai! ( )
  Baylee_Lasiepedimore | May 13, 2022 |
This was my second book by this author and I enjoyed a lot more than the first one I read. Callie (the female MC) has a lot of growing up to do and a lot to learn but she does it in such an amusing way that I couldn't help but relate to some of her issues. I loved the incorporation of animals into the book (and that none of them died for any reason) as well as the interactions between Callie and her family, especially Noah. There is one scene in the book that had me laughing out loud causing people on the train to give me funny looks but whatever, I was enjoying myself! Definitely a nice light read with a HEA if that's something you need in a book. ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
"4.5 out of 5 stars!!! Okay this is about a girl who just wants to find that special someone and fall happily-ever-after. And even though she has been through some hard times, she has never lost her hope. Especially not with her happily-ever-after chair that she got when she was 8-years-old, but she saves that chair for special occasions only. Callie has an eclectic family, good friends (most of them anyway), and has a great dog. Ian has had some hard times growing up, a tough childhood, and even more issues currently. He keeps to himself but Callie is determined to open him up a bit.

Read more of this review and a TEASER here: https://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/08/feasted-on-all-i-ever-wanted-... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Feb 13, 2019 |
It is my least favorite of her books, thus far. I didn't hate the main character, but I found her annoying at times. Just couldn't really get into the story. ( )
  onebeanshy | Jun 20, 2018 |
oh lordy, the tearing up I did while reading this book! I really identify with Callie, and having a husband who is also a trifle uncomfortable with emotions, this really touched me and was near to my heart. wish I had a grampy like Noah, though. sweet romance, no smutty stuff. I want to read it again right now. once again totally in lurve with kristan higgins. ( )
  ElleyOtter | Nov 28, 2017 |

What can I say I LOVED the dogs, Ian's and Callie's, the author always has some type of pet for her main characters and she hit the nail-on-the-head with these two. Plus .. Callie's grandfather, Noah, was adorable! I loved the banter between Callie and him! And last but not least ... I just have to say that Muriel and Fleur are both bitches -- I am SOOOO HAPPY with what happens to them!!

Belongs to Publisher Series

Ce livre est dédié avec affection et gratitude à Carol Robinson, qui a été une super amie depuis que je suis toute gamine. Je t'adore, Nana.
As the man I loved approached my office, the image of a deer being hit by a truck came to mind.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,424,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible