Shadowfever (Fever Series Book 5) by Karen…

Shadowfever (Fever Series Book 5) (edition 2011)

by Karen Marie Moning

Series: Fever (5)

Alina is dead and her sister Mac has returned to Ireland, the country that expelled them, to hunt her sister's murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, she descends into an epic battle between humans and Fae immortals as the Sinsar Dubh turns on her, and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and make a choice that will either save the world ... or destroy it.… (more)
Member:Maya80
Title:Shadowfever (Fever Series Book 5)
Authors:Karen Marie Moning
Info:Dell (2011), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 704 pages

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

hb ( )
  5083mitzi | Mar 13, 2021 |
This book had so many twists and turns that made it super exciting. It was just what I've been waiting for as a sort of conclusion to the series. ( )
  Nicole_girl | Mar 8, 2021 |
Like I told my cousin when I finished reading this book....butter me up and serve me for I am toast!

Since I don't want to give any spoilers (boy, that limits me right?) I will say; this started off on an emotional low, carried me on a roller coaster of emotions and discoveries, sent me on an emotional high, then lastly let me gently put my feet on the ground.

Having said that....I WANT A JERICHO BARRONS OF MY OWN! This man is everything and anything you could possibly think of putting into your "dream man". Strong, mysterious and -not a wee bit either- dangerous. Oh lordy, Seelie and UnSeelie Princes have nothing on this guy.

V'Lane, our glorious angel...what other hidden secrets did you know and do you still hold on to?

Christain, dude! You rock. Hope things get back to normal-whatever that is- for you!

Rowena- never liked the hag and really really disliked (try not to use hate as it is such a powerfully negative word) when all is said and done. All I could think anytime she was involved...what a bitch!

Kat, Jo, and the rest of the girls at the Abbey....sheep no more. Think for yourselves dammit!

Mega Dani- kid you broke my heart but I know that you are going to go and make the world your playground. Nothing is going to get in Mega Dani's way!

K'Vruck....could I borrow this "pet" I have a few I would like him to eat, I mean meet.

Jack and Rainey Lane- these two have to be some of the coolest and open minded parents in the universe. I can so see why the thought of not belonging to them caused Mac grief.

Ryodan and the guys- Jericho's wingmen so to speak. Interesting group of guys. Will we be let in on more of their secrets and what would happen if one of them were to find a mate? Very interesting indeed.

UnSeelie King- was he crazy evil or crazy in grief? Read, learn then decide.

Now I know the next book in the series starts off on Dani's story; since I am toast and feel the need to crawl in a corner and rock for a few days, weeks, months...thinking I'll give my system a chance to recover and get my big girl undies out of the wad before I wade into it.

Book was excellent in characters, timing and dialogue. There was such a flow to it that I forgot I was reading and could see all this playing out in my head with each word. Those are the books I like the best. I invested in Mac and Jericho. I cared about them, they became friends that I wanted to spend more and more time with.

Until I gather the strength to keep going, I'm out to read the Three Little Pigs or something else less taxing. ;) ( )
  ChachaJ | Feb 1, 2021 |
I was afraid to start reading this because I have been disappointed by series endings before, but KMM drew me in again and answered my questions with series, wrapped up cliff hangers and satisfied me with the ending, without leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

Don't read this book unless you have read the other four, which also benefit from some of her Highlander series. (I'm now ready for Christian Keltar's story.)

I read it in one day: afternoon to early evening. ( )
  readingbeader | Oct 29, 2020 |
Fantastic end to a series that started out a bit slow for me. I wasn't sure if I should keep going, but I'm glad I did. The author does a great job of giving you enough clues throughout the series to keep you guessing at the possible final outcome. The last book did not disappoint and ended the way it should have. I think Jericho Barrons may have replaced Mr. Darcy as my fictional character crush. And Mac just plain kicks ass at the end. The series was so much fun to read. ( )
  jocelynelise_ | Aug 10, 2020 |
Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow -T.S. Eliot

I feel it deep within
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that i feel like a monster - Skillet "Monster"
For the irrepressible M.
You wish to know me?
"You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl" - Barrons
"Some things are sacred until you act like they're not. then you lose them"
"I'm not the hero, Mac. Never have been. Never will be. Let us be perfectly clear: I'm not the antihero, either, so quit waiting to discover my hidden potential. There's nothing to redeem me."

“Evil is a completely different creature, Mac. Evil is bad that believes it’s good.”

MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina, were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.

Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister’s murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals who have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.

What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh—a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King, containing the power to create and destroy worlds.

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman haunting her dreams? More important, who is Mac herself and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?

From the luxury of the Lord Master’s penthouse to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac’s journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and to make a choice that will either save the world . . . or destroy it.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,972,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible