The magic school bus lost in the solar…

The magic school bus lost in the solar system (original 1990; edition 1990)

by Joanna Cole

On a special field trip in the magic school bus, Ms. Frizzle's class goes into outer space and visits each planet in the solar system.
Member:hcs_admin
Title:The magic school bus lost in the solar system
Authors:Joanna Cole
Info:New York :

The Magic School Bus Lost in the Solar System by Joanna Cole (1990)

I have strong memories of reading this under my Ninja Turtles comforter on my bottom bunk with a reading light. It was one of the first times I had ever used a reading light, and the entire thing felt so adventurous and romantic to younger me. It's one of my fondest reading memories.

My partner read this to me to help me fall asleep because I'm sick. I felt very safe and comforted and taken care of. This is now one of my fondest reading memories, too. ( )
  MoonLibrary | Oct 20, 2021 |
This book talks about what happens when Mrs. Frizzle's class gets lost in space. The book itself is a narrative, but true to Magic School Bus books, it provides a lot of detailed and accurate science content for kids. I may use this book as an introductory book, or an anchor book when talking about space and the planets in our solar system. Each of the planets is visited in this book by the kids in the class. Pluto is included so that may need to be talked about more in depth with the class. I also might use this before doing a research project about the planets where the kids are divided into groups and each group is given a different planet to research and present to the class. (This could be integrated with literacy). ( )
  Ms.Stahly-Hale | Oct 23, 2020 |
The book The Magic School Bus Lost in the Solar System is about a teacher and her students who go on an adventure into the solar system. The class goes on a field trip to a planetarium, but soon finds out that it is closed. From there, the class goes on an adventure into space and continues to learn all about our amazing solar system. This book is a great way for teachers to introduce a science unit on the solar system. I love this book because it is part of the Magic School Bus series which has other books you could use in your classroom and it is a fun and engaging way for students to learn great information! ( )
  MikaylaFlo | Oct 22, 2020 |
Ms. Frizzle plans to take the children in her fourth grade class to the planetarium, but when they get there, they find it closed for repairs. The children are disappointed, but their disappointment soon turns to excitement when the magic school bus takes them on a spectacular field trip through the solar system where they learn about each of the planets.

Part of the Magic School Bus series, this charmingly-illustrated science-based book introduces young readers to the solar system. Written for young readers ages five through eight, this book is perfect for reading with an adult and is a delightful way to introduce young readers to the exploration of the solar system.

Although based in fact, parents should be prepared to answer the child’s questions about such things as why scientists changed Pluto’s designation from planet to dwarf planet and how many more moons scientists have discovered orbiting Jupiter and Saturn. Since the science here is exactly what most parents learned in school, the book becomes a springboard for discussing how scientists are always discovering new things and how those new discoveries help us to develop a better understanding of the world around us.

Highly recommended. ( )
  jfe16 | Sep 17, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |

Cole, Joannaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Degen, BruceIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Virginia and Bob McBride-J.C.
For Chris, queen of the Biscadorian Mother ship -B.D.
It was trip day again in Ms. Frizzle's class.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,255,829 books! | Top bar: Always visible