Never Less Than a Lady (Lost Lords…

Never Less Than a Lady (Lost Lords (Kensington)) (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Mary Jo Putney (Author)

A stirring, sensual story of a rebellious nobleman drawn to a lovely widow with a shocking past.
Member:cottageusedbooks
Title:Never Less Than a Lady (Lost Lords (Kensington))
Authors:Mary Jo Putney (Author)
Info:Kensington Pub Corp (2010), 340 pages

Work Information

Never Less Than a Lady by Mary Jo Putney (2010)

3.5 rounded up. This was a little predictable and the characters were a bit daft about their feelings, but overall it was fun and I liked the characters and where they ended up. It had several aspects that gave it some interest and kept it from being run of the mill.

*Just as a heads up, some serious physical/sexual/emotional abuse is discussed a decent amount, though from a previous time before the start of the book. And some regular violence from villains happens on page. ( )
  JorgeousJotts | Dec 3, 2021 |
The best thing about beta heroes is that you don't realize how badly you want one until he shows up ♥

I adored this sweet, low-angst romance. It had so many elements that I love: marriage of convenience; a competent, strong-willed heroine; a chivalrous beta hero; a huge found family of friends...I could go on. I'm finding myself drawn to sweeter, less angsty romances these days, especially when I'm under a lot of stress IRL. These are fun, frothy escapes from life and they make me feel all warm and happy inside. Isn't that what we ultimately want from our reading experience? ( )
  eurohackie | Dec 9, 2020 |
It probably says something that the only part of this book I remembered since the last time I read it (over 6 years ago) is the heroine's ex-husband's bastard child. Who is just delightful, actually. ( )
  being_b | Jan 8, 2020 |
I love the way current romance novels deal with real issues, and this novel is no exception. Julia is kidnapped because she murdered her abusive husband, and his father wants justice. Putney does not shy away from the worst humanity has to offer, and that dead man is one of the worst. As you learn all about his depravity (which was, somewhat unfortunately, shrugged off as insanity), you are amazed that the people in his life are still standing and functioning. The OTP are not quite a LAFS trop, but close, and yet their chemistry is amazing... especially given that the heroine is fighting to overcome abuse and fear. I really liked the characters and how they handled pretty much every situation. My only nitpick was the insanity plea for the abusive scumbucket, but then again, they also credited his pampered upbringing with not providing consequences for his abusiveness. ( )
  ladypembroke | May 17, 2019 |
Enjoyed this romance. Very interesting heroine. I have to say that I remember very little about it after reading it only a couple of year ago but Putney always has complex characters. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Dec 31, 2017 |
Spain, 1812.

War was hell. Letters from relatives could be worse.

Midwife Julia Bancroft has hidden her past. But what will she do when Alexander Randall, the dashing heir to the Earl of Daventry, rescues her from abductors and then, upon learning her dark secret, proposes they wed?

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,576,130 books! | Top bar: Always visible