This Time Together by Carol Burnett

This Time Together

by Carol Burnett

I loved this book! I have always liked Carol Burnett and the stories here are fantastic. ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
Not as interesting as I wanted it to be, but it did stir fond memories of watching her variety show for so many years. It was good for some light quick-reading to give my brain a break. ( )
  Kim_Sasso | Mar 14, 2018 |
Carol Burnett’s memoir spans her entire life, without going into too much detail on any one part. She sticks mainly to recounting facts, without too much emotion. For instance, she tells us that she and her first husband got divorced but doesn’t go into much detail as to why. One part that does get emotional is when she talks about her daughter’s death. I could hear her voice breaking as she tried to hold back her tears.

Carol narrates the book herself, which makes her humorous anecdotes even funnier. My favorite stories were the ones from The Carol Burnett Show, since that’s primarily what I know her from. I didn’t realize how ground breaking that show was in so many ways.

I’m not a Carol Burnett super-fan but I still enjoyed This Time Together very much. Listening to it on audiobook was like having a conversation with her. (Albeit, one-sided!) I recommend it for anyone who enjoys memoirs, fans or not. ( )
  mcelhra | Oct 12, 2017 |
This Time Together by Carol Burnett is a series of anecdotes, some of them funny, some of them serious. Reading them felt like spending an evening with Carol where she talked about many topics that are important to her, from her humble beginnings in show business, to family events, to stories from her tv shows and everything in between. Carol has lived quite a life, having success in an area that was unheard of for a woman to enter back in the day: being the host and star for a comedy variety show. Throughout it all Carol has remained humble and there is a feeling of gratitude comes through in the stories. It was a delightful read. ( )
  Narilka | Apr 30, 2017 |
My blog post about this book is at this link. ( )
  SuziQoregon | Apr 13, 2017 |
Our legacy is really the lives we touch, the inspiration we give, altering someone's plan--if even for a moment--and getting them to think, rage, cry, laugh, argue...Walk around the block, dazed...More than anything, we are remembered for our smiles; the ones we share with our closest and dearest, and the ones we bestow on a total stranger, who needed it RIGHT THEN, and God put you there to deliver.

--Carrie Louise Hamilton
December 2001
For Brian
During the past few years, I've zigzagged across the country appearing in various theaters performing Laughter and Reflection: A Conversation with Carol, Where the Audience Asks the Questions.

THIS TIME TOGETHER is 100 percent Carol Burnett – funny, irreverent, and irresistible.

Carol Burnett is one of the most beloved and revered actresses and performers in America. The Carol Burnett Show was seen each week by millions of adoring fans and won twenty-five Emmys in its remarkable eleven-year run. Now, in This Time Together, Carol really lets her hair down and tells one funny or touching or memorable story after another – reading it feels like sitting down with an old friend who has wonderful tales to tell.

In engaging anecdotes, Carol discusses her remarkable friendships with stars such at Jimmy Stewart, Lucille Ball, Cary Grant, and Julie Andrews; the background behind famous scenes, like the moment she swept down the stairs in her curtain-rod dress in the legendary “Went With the Wind” skit; and things that would happen only to Carol – the prank with Julie Andrews that went wrong in front of the First Lady; the famous Tarzan Yell that saved her during a mugging; and the time she faked a wooden leg to get served in a famous ice cream emporium. This poignant look back allows us to cry with the actress during her sorrows, rejoice in her successes, and finally, always, to laugh.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:22 -0400)

In engaging anecdotes, Carol discusses her remarkable friendships with stars such at Jimmy Stewart, Lucille Ball, Cary Grant, and Julie Andrews; her television show that won twenty-five Emmys in its remarkable eleven-year run; and the sorrows that she overcame with her irresistible humor.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,522,768 books! | Top bar: Always visible