Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric…

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes (2008)

by Eric Litwin

Other authors: James Dean (Illustrator)

Series: Pete the Cat (1)

English (134)  Spanish (1)  All languages (135)
This book has a lot of CVC words, sight words, and repetition of words which make this a great series for kids to practice reading. The illustrations make the Pete the Cat series amazing. They are a personal favorite in our house and we love James Dean’s illustrations. He really gives Pete such a groovy feel and you can see Pete tapping out his own best as his shoes changes colors. The illustrations are bright and big and engaging. Even beginning readers can make sense of the plot with the visuals James Dean has provided. ( )
  jvines | Apr 20, 2019 |
"Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes" is a book about a cat named Pete. As Pete goes through his day, he steps in a lot things (like strawberries, mud, and blueberries) that change the color of his shoes. Rather than getting upset, Pete embraces the new color of his shoes and keeps going. I think this is a cute book and sends a good message to its reader: whatever life throws at you, keep your head up and move forward. This book would be best suited for kindergarteners and younger ages. ( )
  cjusti5 | Apr 18, 2019 |
This is a fiction picture book appropriate for kindergarten to second grade. The book is about Pete the Cat walking in his white shoes, but he keeps stepping in a different colored substance, but does not get upset about it. Instead he continues to walk and sing his song. I believe this book would be good to use in lower elementary because it uses a repetiive song, but changing one word to fit the new color of his shoes. Along with doing this, the color of the font changes to the new color. This is beneficial for kids to assosiate colors with words. Also, Pete not getting upset about his shoes getting dirty teaches kids to not get upset over things they cannot change. ( )
  msanch6 | Feb 13, 2019 |
"Pete the Cat" is a fictional picture book with a main character of Pete the cat. The story surrounds Petes day, throughout the day Pete steps on various items that are different colors. Each time he steps on a color his brand new white shoes get dirty with that color. But, Pete does not become upset, he embraces the change and continues singing his shoe song. At the end of the story he steps in water and his shoes turn back to white but they are wet. I would recommend this book for Pre-k through 2nd grade. I would use this book in my classroom, I really loved the message of whatever is thrown at you just keep on smiling because it is going to be okay. The optimism of the character was a very good message. ( )
  abeers3 | Feb 13, 2019 |
Pete the Cat loves his white shoes as Pete gets into different situations throughout the book, his shoes turn color. Eventually, they go back to the clean pair of white shoes he began with. ( )
  cherzog | Jan 18, 2019 |

Litwin, Ericprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dean, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

This a book from the Pete the Cat series. In this book, Pete sings about how much he loves his white shoes. Throughout the story, he gets into different situations where he steps into something that ends up turning his white shoes a different color. Even though his white new shoes aren't white anymore, he still continues to walk in them proudly while singing how much he loves his shoes.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061906220, Hardcover)

Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as we steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are are, Pete keeps movin' and groovin' and singing his song...because it's all good.

Ages: 3 - 7

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:07 -0400)

Pete the Cat gets into colorful adventures while out walking in his new white shoes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,490,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible