Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes by Eric…

Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Eric Litwin James Dean (Illustrator) (Author)

Series: Pete the Cat (1)

As he walks down the street, Pete the cat sings about his brand new white shoes as they change from red to blue to brown to wet.
Member:KristinPreK
Title:Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes
Authors:Eric Litwin James Dean (Illustrator) (Author)
Info:HarperCollins (2010)

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin (2008)

English (171)  Spanish (1)  All languages (172)
This book is a fun way to learn colors. It includes a song with each color the book talks about. The pictures are colorful and engaging—overall great book. ( )
  emilylaurendav | Apr 18, 2021 |
Adorable! ( )
  Stacy_Krout | Mar 28, 2021 |
This is an insanely cute book about a cat named Pete who loves his white shoes, as the story goes on he steps in different things changing the color of his shoes. Although he loved his shoes white, as they changed colors he still loved them. I think this book is great for kindergarten and first grade readers. This book has a lot of repetition and asks many questions, so this is a good book for an english class. ( )
  Cierra_Vasquez | Nov 18, 2020 |
picture book/read aloud

This book follows Pete the Cat as he goes walking down the street wearing his brand-new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as he steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries, and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are, Pete keeps movin' and groovin' and singing his song.

This book has a fun rhythm to read it to. The students can follow along with the rhythm and repetitiveness of the book. It also teaches colors. This would be a good classroom book because it engages students attention while you're reading it. ( )
  KelcieBailey | Nov 16, 2020 |
What a great book. Pete is a cool cat with a classic hippie vibe. When he steps in berries or in mud - oh no! Does he get upset? Goodness, no! He just keeps going along and singing his song. Great for reading aloud. Don't sweat the small stuff, my friends. ( )
  Grandma_B | Oct 26, 2020 |

Litwin, Ericprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dean, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

This a book from the Pete the Cat series. In this book, Pete sings about how much he loves his white shoes. Throughout the story, he gets into different situations where he steps into something that ends up turning his white shoes a different color. Even though his white new shoes aren't white anymore, he still continues to walk in them proudly while singing how much he loves his shoes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,489,359 books! | Top bar: Always visible