Holidays on Ice: Stories by David Sedaris

Holidays on Ice: Stories (edition 1998)

by David Sedaris

A best-selling classic features six additional works on the joys and embarrassments of favorite holidays, in a volume that includes tales of tardy trick-or-treaters, the difficulties of explaining the Easter Bunny to another culture, and a barnyard Secret Santa scheme gone awry.
Member:rettjs01
Title:Holidays on Ice: Stories
Authors:David Sedaris
Info:Back Bay Books (1998), Paperback, 144 pages

Work Information

Holidays on Ice: Stories by David Sedaris

English (178)  German (2)  All languages (180)
"Holidays on Ice" is not to be missed if you like tongue-in-cheek holiday humor. David Sedaris had me laughing all the way. ( )
  nab6215 | Jan 18, 2022 |
David Sedaris is an absolutely hysterical writer and this book does not disappoint. His stories are always quirky but yet truthful and make me laugh out loud. The only thing better than reading a story he has written is listening to the audio version of it b.c there is just something about his slightly annoying voice that makes the stories sing. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
I don't think making fun of people with mental illness and developmental disabilities is funny and Sedaris does that repeatedly in this book. ( )
  Tosta | Jul 5, 2021 |
The more Sedaris I read the more his work sounds the same. I think the only thing that kept me from putting it down and not picking it back up was the fact that I was listening to it as an audio book. ( )
  taimoirai | Jun 25, 2021 |
I love David Sedaris' stories. I love them even more when I get to hear him tell them. ( )
  amcheri | May 25, 2021 |
I love David Sedaris as he is one of my favorite authors but this is not one of his best books. You should still read
"Holidays on Ice" because it is funny and will make you smile. Holidays are crazy for everyone, no matter what holidays you celebrate and Sedaris reminds us to laugh at them, especially ourselves.
added by LizPhoto | editLizPhoto (Dec 22, 2013)

FOR THOSE DREADING THE HOLIDAY SEASON, BESTSELLER SEDARIS (WHEN YOU ARE ENGULFED IN FLAMES) MAKES LIFE A LITTLE EASIER WITH THIS RE-RELEASE OF HIS UPROARIOUS ESSAY COLLECTION, NEWLY EXPANDED FROM THE ORIGINAL 1997 EDITION.
added by rretzler | editPublishers Weekly (pay site) (Oct 6, 2008)

Here are six Christmas tales sure to please readers new to humorist, playwright and NPR commentator Sedaris--and likely to disappoint his devotees.
added by rretzler | editPublishers Weekly (Sep 29, 1997)

Sedaris, Davidprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Colombo, Matteosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Magnuson, AnnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pardoen, Irvingsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rowohlt, HarryTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sedaris, AmyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Ira Glass
I was in a coffee shop looking through the want ads when I read, "Macy's Herald Square, the largest store in the world, has big opportunities for outgoing, fun-loving people of all shapes and sizes who want more than just a holiday job! Working as an elf in Macy's SantaLand means being at the center of the excitement...."
"Every gathering has its moment. As an adult, I distract myself by trying to identify it, dreading the inevitable downswing that is sure to follow. The guests will repeat themselves one too many times, or you'll run out of dope or liquor and realize that it was all you ever had in common."

Hachette Book Group

6 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316779237, 1586212222, 1570425671, 0316035904, 1600244874, 0316078913

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,247,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible