Lightning Thief: Percy Jackson & the…

Lightning Thief: Percy Jackson & the Olympians Book 1 (edition 2006)

by Rick Riordan (Author)

After learning that he is the son of a mortal woman and Poseidon, god of the sea, twelve-year-old Percy is sent to a summer camp for demigods like himself, and joins his new friends on a quest to prevent a war between the gods.
Member:libbyshort
Title:Lightning Thief: Percy Jackson & the Olympians Book 1
Authors:Rick Riordan (Author)
Info:Hachette Book Group (2006), Edition: 1, 416 pages

The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel by Rick Riordan (Author)

I love Rick Riordan's writing style and characterization. I have always enjoyed mythology and he does a great job of bring any and all mytholgy to life in a fresh and new way. I find the characters to be engaging and to feel really real. His characters feel fresh and diverse without feeling like he makes them diverse just to have diversity. He does not belabor the point of their diversity it just is a fact of who they are and yet anyone who reads his books can feel included in representation. I love how he weaves the mythology into modern times so you feel like you are learning something as you are being entertained. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
I really enjoyed this and look forward to continuing the series. ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
Entertaining story with good art to support it. ( )
  quinton.baran | Mar 29, 2021 |
I had meant to read this book for years, but my little brother was assigned to read it in his freshman English class and loved it from page one. I decided to start reading around the same time so we could have a little book club over it.

Its an okay book, but to be honest it took me a long time to get into it. I finished the book in three sittings, but they were spaced out with weeks in between.

If you're looking for a good mindless story to zip through, and you're into Greek mythology, its a fun read. ( )
  AshleyHope | Mar 18, 2021 |

AshleyHope | Mar 18, 2021 |

Riordan, RickAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Futaki, AttilaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Venditti, RobertAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,191,464 books! | Top bar: Always visible