Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas

Lady Sophia's Lover

by Lisa Kleypas

8621910,358 (3.81)21
Recently added byprivate library, ggaura45, UnspokenApathy, CoJaneDavis, KSabourin

English (18)  Czech (1)  All languages (19)
Lady Sophia's Lover
4 Stars

Lady Sophia Sydney is out for vengeance against the man she holds responsible for her brother’s death: Sir Ross Cannon - Chief Magistrate and leader of the Bow Runners. Sophia’s plan is to seduce Ross and destroy him both personally and professionally. However, a wrench is soon put into these plans when Sophia realizes that Ross is not the man she thought and finds herself falling in love with him.

The first 2/3 is simply spectacular. Ross is an incredible hero - intelligent, kind hearted, honorable and a born leader. He starts out quite stoic but softens as Sophia gets past all of his defenses and he realizes that she is everything he never knew he always wanted. Sophia is an engaging heroine and her chemistry with Ross is off the charts sensual. Their growing emotional and physical attachment makes for entertaining reading.

Unfortunately, the plot takes a slight turn for the worse toward the end when Sophia undergoes an a disappointing character reversal - keeping secrets, telling lies and being all round weak and insipid. Where did the strong willed, independent and caring heroine of most of the book disappear to?

Despite this shortcoming and the fact that the twist in the tale is rather obvious, Lady Sophia’s Lover is a well-written and enjoyable read. Looking forward to the last book in the trilogy.

Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
Sir Ross is so hot!! I believe he is one of my favorite men by Lisa Kleypas! The way he loves Sophia is breathtaking! The sex scenes were very intense and passionate, my favorite was the horse chair scene, though all of them were original and inventive. I felt sorry for Sophia's brother, Nick/John, his life was a total nightmare. I'm looking forward to see how he will evolve and change in the 3rd book of the series "Worth Any Price", I think he will make an interesting character and a lover, he might be even like Derek Craven from "Dreaming of You". They kind of share the same background. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Technically faultless, but disappointing in content. Both plot and characterisation were a little two-dimensional and some of the historical background seemed a little dubious. I'm assuming that Ms Kleypas or her fact-checkers did their homework on the history of the Bow Runners, but the story didn't generate enough interest for at least this reader to explore the factual background. ( )
  skirret | Jan 2, 2015 |
I just wasn't crazy about this one. The story was alright I just could not connect with the characters for some reason. A good book just not great! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
To my editor, Lucia Macro
Thank you for your guidance, friendship, and the wonderful enthusiasm for our work together that I have never taken for granted.
Sometimes in life we are blessed with the appearance of the right person at the right time… and at a difficult crossroads in my career, that was you.
Only an editor with your talent could have helped me to find my direction, and what’s more, you’ve even kept me on track. How lucky I am to have you.
With thanks and love always, L.K
It had been too long since he had bedded a woman.

Why is Lady Sophia looking for a lover?
And could she seduce the most marriageable man in London?

Lady Sophia Sydney would do anything to ensnare the unattainable Sir Ross Cannon. Her goal -- to ruin his reputation and cause a scandal that would be the talk of all London. So she insinuates herself into his life by gaining his trust and living in his house.

Every morning, her lush presence tempts him beyond all reason...the way she bends over the table to serve him the meals she has prepared...the way her hands oh, so gently -- yet sensuously -- brush against him. Every night, she promises with her eyes -- and her body -- that the hours before dawn could be spent in unbridled passion instead of restless sleep -- if only he'd let her share his bed.

She knows he is falling more in love with her each day. But she never counted on falling in love with him. And she never dreamed he might very respectably ask for her hand in marriage...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380811065, Mass Market Paperback)

Why is Lady Sophia looking for a lover?
And
could she seduce the most marriageable man in London?

Lady Sophia Sydney would do anything to ensnare the unattainable Sir Ross Cannon. Her goal—to ruin his reputation and cause a scandal that would be the talk of all London. So she insinuates herself into his life by gaining his trust and living in his house.

Every morning, her lush presence tempts him beyond all reason...the way she bends over the table to serve him the meals she has prepared...the way her hands oh, so gently—yet sensuously—brush against him. Every night, she promises with her eyes—and her body— that the hours before dawn could be spent in unbridled passion instead of restless sleep—if only he'd let her share his bed.

Are you ready to be seduced by New York Times Bestselling author Lisa Kleypas and her most compelling love story yet?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:06 -0400)

Lady Sophia Sydney schemes to ruin Sir Ross Cannon, but finds herself falling in love with him.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,419,453 books! | Top bar: Always visible