Seven Up by Janet Evanovich

Seven Up (original 2001; edition 2001)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:pickwick
Title:Seven Up
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Headline Publishing Group (2001), Relié, 320 pages

Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, No. 7) by Janet Evanovich (2001)

English (65)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (1)  Swedish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (71)
Stephanie is back at it again. I have not read many books in this series but after reading this one I am reminded of how much I enjoy Stephanie. I need to go back and read the books I have missed in this series. Yet, Stephanie is not the only one that brings the laughter as well. Her crazy family, her friends, the people she hunts, and the two love interests. Speaking of friends, though, I do have to give a shout out to Lulu. She brought the laughs with her "model diet". Although, when you read about it, it sounds like the "keto" diet of today. What with her meats that she carried around with her.

Seeing Stephanie in action was entertaining. She had me along for the whole ride. When it comes to the love interests; both men have their good qualities. Not sure who I am rooting for more. All I know is that I can't get enough of Stephanie. ( )
  Cherylk | Jul 20, 2018 |
A fun, fluffy read :) ( )
  hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
This was the longest it has ever taken me to actively read a Stephanie Plum novel, so I'm a little disappointed by that. However, the humor and antics were just as good as ever. ( )
  BEGivens | Mar 21, 2018 |
Stephanie is once again on the hunt but this time she is searching for her Grandma's boyfriend Eddie, who has dead bodies in his shed! Eddie is a semi-retired mobster and he hasn't lost his touch for slipping out of sight. Follow Stephanie as she searches for Eddie with all the funny mishaps that could only happen to her. ( )
  jmkm9799 | Dec 10, 2017 |
As with the other i this series, I bought a batch of these at a yard sale and have not read them yet
  antiquary | Sep 15, 2017 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thanks to Amy Lehmkuhl and Vicky Picha for suggesting the title for this book.
For the better part of my childhood, my professional aspirations were simple—I wanted to be an intergalactic princess.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312980140, Mass Market Paperback)

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum's got a lot on her mind. How does cigarette smuggler Eddie DeChooch, a fugitive so geriatric that even the hot-to-trot Grandma Mazur won't go out with him a third time, keep giving her the slip? How did a woman who died of a heart attack end up in DeChooch's garden shed with five bullet holes in her chest? Who stole a rump roast from Dougie and Mooner, the two lovable potheads who have decided to be crime fighters in Spandex bodysuits? Can Stephanie's perfect sister Valerie make it as a lesbian single mother without driving her family crazy? And--oh yeah--what should Stephanie do about that damn wedding dress on hold at Tina's Bridal Shoppe, waiting for her to decide whether vice cop Joe Morelli's really the one for her?

I did look good in the gown. I looked like Scarlett O' Hara getting ready for a big wedding at Tara. I moved around a little to simulate dancing.

"Jump up and down so we can see how it'll look when you do the bunny hop," Grandma said.

"It's pretty but I don't want a gown," I said.

"I can order one in her size at no obligation," Tina said.

"No obligation," Grandma said. "You can't beat that."

"As long as there's no obligation," my mother said.

I needed chocolate. A lot of chocolate. "Oh gee," I said, "look at the time. I need to go."

To complicate matters further, Stephanie's made a reluctant deal with the devil: if she can't bring in DeChooch by herself, her sexy but dangerous cohort Ranger is willing to help--for a price that a girl who's not-exactly-engaged is uncertain whether she should pay. But when Dougie and Mooner disappear, Grandma is kidnapped, and a crazy widow starts taking pot shots, no one who hides her .38 in a cookie jar is going to turn down a little friendly assistance.

In Seven Up, Janet Evanovich serves up her usual bubbly fare: a totaled car, raucous viewings at Stiva's Funeral Parlor, buffoonish bad guys, and down-and-dirty mud wrestling, all stirred up with some snappy Jersey repartee and a few tart, new twists that will keep her fans impatient. Heaven can't wait for number eight. --Barrie Trinkle

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:57 -0400)

Experience the bestselling phenomenon that is sweeping the nation! #1-New York Times. #1-Wall Street Journal. #1-Entertainment Weekly. #1-Publishers Weekly. #1-Booksense. #1- Los Angeles Times. BLOWN UP. All New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum has to do is bring in semi-retired bail jumper Eddie DeChooch. For an old man he's still got a knack for slipping out of sight--and raising hell. How else can Stephanie explain the bullet-riddled corpse in Eddie's garden? Who else would have a clue as to why two of Stephanie's friends suddenly vanished? For answers Stephanie has the devil to pay: her mentor, Ranger. The deal? He'll give Stephanie all the help she needs--if she gives him everything he wants. MESSED UP. As if things weren't complicated enough, Stephanie's just discovered her Grandma Mazur's own unmentionable alliance with Eddie. Add a series of unnerving break-ins, not to mention the bombshell revelation leveled by Stephanie's estranged sister, and Stephanie's ready for some good news. Unfortunately, a marriage proposal from Joe Morelli, the love of her life, isn't quite cutting it. And now--murder, a randy paramour, a wily mobster, death threats, extortion, and a triple kidnapping aside--Stephanie's really got the urge to run for her life. SEVEN UP.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,150,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible