Seven Up by Janet Evanovich

Seven Up (original 2001; edition 2002)

by Janet Evanovich

Experience the bestselling phenomenon that is sweeping the nation! #1-New York Times. #1-Wall Street Journal. #1-Entertainment Weekly. #1-Publishers Weekly. #1-Booksense. #1- Los Angeles Times. BLOWN UP. All New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum has to do is bring in semi-retired bail jumper Eddie DeChooch. For an old man he's still got a knack for slipping out of sight--and raising hell. How else can Stephanie explain the bullet-riddled corpse in Eddie's garden? Who else would have a clue as to why two of Stephanie's friends suddenly vanished? For answers Stephanie has the devil to pay: her mentor, Ranger. The deal? He'll give Stephanie all the help she needs--if she gives him everything he wants. MESSED UP. As if things weren't complicated enough, Stephanie's just discovered her Grandma Mazur's own unmentionable alliance with Eddie. Add a series of unnerving break-ins, not to mention the bombshell revelation leveled by Stephanie's estranged sister, and Stephanie's ready for some good news. Unfortunately, a marriage proposal from Joe Morelli, the love of her life, isn't quite cutting it. And now--murder, a randy paramour, a wily mobster, death threats, extortion, and a triple kidnapping aside--Stephanie's really got the urge to run for her life. SEVEN UP.… (more)
Member:nikkinaboo
Title:Seven Up
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Headline Review (2002), Paperback, 384 pages
Tags:fiction

Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, No. 7) by Janet Evanovich (2001)

English (67)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (1)  Swedish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (73)
another fairly good read. Ranger is getting to be a bit more interesting. ( )
  AnnaHernandez | Oct 17, 2019 |
Seven Up
Stephanie Plum, Book 7

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series.

The Characters:

Stephanie Plum:
Joe Marelli:
Ranger, Lula, Grandma Mazur

The Story:

Another day in the life for our bumbling bounty hunter. Stephanie is called to capture Eddie DeChooch a semi retired criminal and of course things are never what they seem on the surface. We follow Stephanie though the random turns that unfold and yet another car is destroyed.

I’m glad to see that the amount of people who break into her apartment is finally starting to bother her.

These books are not terrible original from one to the other but I still love them. Stephanie and her antics haven’t failed to entertain me yet.

The Random Thoughts:

I know this wasn’t an issue or talked about issue when this book was written but the casual racism/sexism/homophobia in this series bothers me. Not enough to make me stop reading because I do like the characters for the most part but enough that I feel a jolt when it happens.

Though I love Lorelei King I’m not in love with her as the voice of Stephanie. I much preferred the hard edged voice of the first narrator I listened to.

3.75 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 16, 2019 |
Stephanie is back at it again. I have not read many books in this series but after reading this one I am reminded of how much I enjoy Stephanie. I need to go back and read the books I have missed in this series. Yet, Stephanie is not the only one that brings the laughter as well. Her crazy family, her friends, the people she hunts, and the two love interests. Speaking of friends, though, I do have to give a shout out to Lulu. She brought the laughs with her "model diet". Although, when you read about it, it sounds like the "keto" diet of today. What with her meats that she carried around with her.

Seeing Stephanie in action was entertaining. She had me along for the whole ride. When it comes to the love interests; both men have their good qualities. Not sure who I am rooting for more. All I know is that I can't get enough of Stephanie. ( )
  Cherylk | Jul 20, 2018 |
A fun, fluffy read :) ( )
  hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
This was the longest it has ever taken me to actively read a Stephanie Plum novel, so I'm a little disappointed by that. However, the humor and antics were just as good as ever. ( )
  startwithgivens | Mar 21, 2018 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thanks to Amy Lehmkuhl and Vicky Picha for suggesting the title for this book.
For the better part of my childhood, my professional aspirations were simple—I wanted to be an intergalactic princess.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,833,351 books! | Top bar: Always visible