Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich

Metro Girl (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:Lisa_Zerbe
Title:Metro Girl
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Harper Collins (2004), Edition: 1ST, Hardcover, 304 pages

Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich (2004)

This is the first non-Stephanie Plum book of Evanovich's that I have ever read. It was okay. She made Alex's love interest out to be a womanizing dope in the beginning and I had a hard time coming around to liking him at all. Still, I plan on trying out the next book in the series to see if it gets any better. I didn't hate this book, it just wasn't on the same level as the Stephanie Plum series at all. ( )
  trishaj | Oct 7, 2014 |
Janet Evanovich books are super hilarious. This series and the Stephanie Plum series. I got into alot of trouble with these books too!!!!
  twokidsnablanket | Nov 2, 2013 |
I found Metro Girl to be "ok." The first page or so was interesting and well-paced, but after that it drifted off, and we're left following "Alex Barnaby," the central character, in what is basically a blow-by-blow of her actions for a couple chapters. About 1/3 of the way in, it picks up some more.

There was beautiful and vivid description, I actually felt the Florida heat as Evanovich wrote it, however there are scenes that take place in the water and I found I couldn't really keep track of who owned what boat by what name. Also there was more than a whole page of dialogue regarding a "history lesson" of Cuba and Castro that bored me to tears.

It was enjoyable enough for a quick, easy, summer read, and I'm sure I'll read the sequel, but for the time being I definitely prefer Stephanie Plum to Alex Barnaby. ( )
  ChirpyVelcro | May 6, 2013 |
ereader ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
I actually listen to on CD, but what a story. Wish this series would continue. ( )
  suefitz1 | Apr 3, 2013 |
Just because I know how to change a guy’s oil doesn’t mean I want to spend the rest of my life on my back, staring up his undercarriage.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060584025, Mass Market Paperback)

Alexandra (Barney) Barnaby roars onto the Miami Beach scene in hot pursuit of her missing baby brother, "Wild" Bill. Leave it to the maverick of the family to get Barney involved with high-speed car chases, a search for sunken treasure, and Sam Hooker, a NASCAR driver who’s good at revving a woman's engine.

Engaged in a deadly race, Bill has "borrowed" Hooker's sixty-five-foot Hatteras and sailed off into the sunset...just when Hooker has plans for the boat. Hooker figures he'll attach himself to Barney and maybe run into scumbag Bill. And better yet, maybe he'll get lucky in love with Bill's sweetie pie sister.

The pedal will have to go to metal if Barney and Hooker want to be the first to cross the finish line, save Bill, Hooker's boat...and maybe the world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:13 -0400)

When her wild and womanizing younger brother goes missing in southern Florida, Alexandra Barnaby endures humidity, sunburn, and bugs in her search for him alongside Sam Hooker, who believes Barnaby's brother has stolen his boat.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,113,419 books! | Top bar: Always visible