Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, No. 11)…

Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, No. 11) (Stephanie Plum Novels) (original 2005; edition 2006)

by Janet Evanovich (Author)

Series: Stephanie Plum (11)

Hoping to discontinue her career as a bounty hunter for something safer, Stephanie Plum is inadvertently drawn into a case that is complicated by her tangled love life, her chaotic family, and her penchant for wrecking cars.
Member:nagshead2112
Title:Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, No. 11) (Stephanie Plum Novels)
Authors:Janet Evanovich (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Press (2006), 368 pages
Rating:*
Tags:ny-times-best-sellers, 2021, abandoned-dnf, audio, yuck-1-star

Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich (2005)

English (96)  French (1)  All languages (97)
This Stephanie Plum book was definitely funny; there were some parts that had me almost laughing out loud, however, this book seemed to be a little slower than some of the others. I still plan to read all the way through the Stephanie Plum novels, but the later books don't seem to be as good as the first several. ( )
  courty4189 | Mar 24, 2021 |
Another typical book. Funny parts : sister Valerie can not stand idea of looking like a whale in a wedding dress so abandons to Disney on the day so family has wedding cake fight instead, Lulu attempts at being a bounty hunter, Stephanie tries to stop eating donuts getting sugar withdrawals, convinces her family she can play cello, becomes office worker for Ranger. Morelli gets shot and is on crutches meaning she lives there to help him. Guy trying to get her by blowing up vehicles. Ending not quite what I thought. ( )
  kshydog | Dec 13, 2020 |
I have read all of the Stephanie Plum novels so far and I just love these books. They are a very easy read and are something to read when you just wanna relax after a long day. They are just so humorous and I love all the characters, especially Grandma Mazur. It has a little bit of everything thrown in, while still being lighthearted.

I would recommend these books to anybody. ( )
  payday1999 | Dec 8, 2020 |
Synopsis: 'So she quits her job as a bail enforcement agent and resolves to get a normal job and a normal life. However, events conspire against her. Her three attempts at a normal job - working at a button factory, the Kan-Kleen Dry-Cleaning Service, and serving fast-food chicken at Cluck-in-a-Bucket - all end in disaster, partly because someone is, once again, attempting to kill her. It's someone she knows, and someone who knows her too well, but, as her on-again/off-again boyfriend, cop Joe Morelli points out, she's made a lot of enemies.

At the same time, Stephanie is trying to avoid having to wear an eggplant-colored gown as maid of honor at her sister Valerie's upcoming wedding. The wedding itself hits a snag when Valerie's hapless fiancé, lawyer Albert Kloughn, makes an insensitive remark about her weight at a family dinner, and she vows not to get married unless she can lose at least sixty pounds in less than ten days.
Stephanie becomes convinced that the man stalking her is Spiro Stiva, the fugitive son of the Burg's favorite undertaker, Constantine. Spiro disappeared when Stephanie and her Grandma Mazur inadvertently burned down the Stiva funeral home in Two for the Dough, and now it looks like Spiro is back for revenge.
Stephanie's mentor, ex-Special Forces mercenary Ranger Manoso, offers her a job with his security firm, running background checks on persons of interest. Despite her trepidation at being too close to Ranger, and the friction it causes with Morelli, she accepts for the security it offers her.
While running information searches, Stephanie discovers evidence linking Spiro's reappearance with the disappearance of four older men from the Burg, all of whom disappeared on the same day and were later found shot to death in a shallow grave outside Trenton. All four men were United States Army veterans, stationed at Fort Dix at the same time as Constantine Stiva.
In a fit of depression, Stephanie confides to Morelli that she quit her job as a bounty hunter because she feels "stupid and boring" - she has no career path, no hobbies, no strong interests, and nothing she's really good at. Morelli smiles and says that, while "stupid" is sometimes "a tough call," he finds her anything but boring.
On the pretext of taking Morelli's dog, Bob, for a walk, Stephanie borrows her family's Buick and stakes out the Stiva house, while Ranger is lying in wait for him. When Constantine pulls into the garage, Stephanie rear-ends his car with the Buick, crushing the car and trapping Constantine behind the air bag. Stephanie tells Ranger she feels much better, and decides that, while learning to play the cello might be fun, she doesn't need to, as her life is already plenty interesting.'
Review: This was a good one, although it was a bit creepy. ( )
  DrLed | Sep 11, 2020 |
3.5 Stars

Stephanie Plum has finally had enough. She’s tired of being shot at and having her cars blown up and having the bad guys slam her around. So she turns in her notice and starts looking for a safer job. But this is Stephanie Plum we’re talking about here; trouble seems to follow her wherever she goes. And when Stephanie stops hunting the bad guys, they don’t necessarily stop hunting her.

This is Stephanie Plum! It goes without saying that she and Lula and Grandma Mazur are going to have some insanely funny moments. It also goes without saying that Stephanie is going to have some extremely…um, romantic? lusty? naughty? all of the above?… moments with Morelli or Ranger. You either like the formula or you don’t.

However, this entry wasn’t quite as solid as most of the series for me. Don’t get me wrong. It was just as quirky and laugh-out-loud funny as I expected. The love triangle is just as steamy. But that’s where my problem lies.

I’m starting to feel bad for Morelli and Ranger. I mean, I love reading about them. *Yum* 😋 But after 11 books, I wish Stephanie would just pick one already! I know, I know, that would undermine a lot of the books’ structure. But let’s give these poor guys a break! They’ve been waiting around on her to make up her mind for years! If I knew I wouldn’t miss them, I’d even be advocating for both of them to just move on and give up on her. If she can’t choose, she obviously doesn’t really want either of them.

Regardless, I will always recommend this for anyone who enjoys their mysteries with a heaping dose of oddball characters with a penchant for some kooky antics. I will definitely be sticking with this series! ( )
  JG_IntrovertedReader | Aug 10, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

This book is a Jan-Jen production, brought to life through the extraordinary powers of SuperEditor Jen Enderlin.
Thanks to Shanna Littlejohn for suggesting the title for this book.
My name is Stephanie Plum.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,157,109 books! | Top bar: Always visible