Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, No. 6) (Stephanie…

Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, No. 6) (Stephanie Plum Novels) (original 2000; edition 2001)

by Janet Evanovich (Author)

Series: Stephanie Plum (6)

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum and Trenton vice cop Joe Morelli join forces to find the madman killer who shot and barbecued the youngest son of international black-market arms dealer Alexander Ramos.
Member:JeanetteReames
Title:Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, No. 6) (Stephanie Plum Novels)
Authors:Janet Evanovich (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2001), 368 pages

Hot Six by Janet Evanovich (2000)

English (84)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  Catalan (1)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (90)
This time, Ranger is the one being hunted. A rookie cop arrested Ranger for carrying a concealed weapon without a license. Everyone knows to let Ranger do his own thing only the rookie didn't get the memo. Ranger gets into further trouble when he is seen on surveillance camera entering a building with a man who is later found with a bullet hole in his head and partially burned. Looks like an open and shut case because everyone knows Ranger is not above killing people.
Every time we meet up with Stephanie Plum you can bet a destroyed vehicle or two or three will be in her wake. This time the nest one is a Rollswagon, part old fashioned Volkswagen Beetle and part Rolls Royce. One hundred percent vintage. Stephanie doesn't have it for more than an hour before she's attacked by someone driving a Crown Vic. What else is new? She bumbles her way through cases, same as ever or as she says, "Then you have to pee and you miss a double homicide" (p 77).
All the usual characters are still around: Vinnie, Lula, Connie, Joe, even Grandmas Mazur who still frequents wakes and funerals for kicks and is now going for her own driver's license. The bad guys are still ransacking Stephanie's apartment while her hamster, Rex, runs frantically on his exercise wheel.
The problem with reading the Stephanie Plum series back to back to back is that the plot formula becomes a schtick. Stephanie is a food motivated, bumbling beginner bounty hunter, who always gets her man. Plot twist: Stephanie inherits a dog and things heat up with Morelli and Ranger. ( )
  SeriousGrace | May 6, 2021 |
I didn't get into this one as much as the other ones. ( )
  courty4189 | Mar 24, 2021 |
This book made me laugh. It was just one ridiculous situation after another. Grandma moves in with her crazy lifestyle of networking and getting a driver's license, dog sitting Bob an eating manic, girlfriend Carol wanting to jump off the bridge, Lulu helping on the apprehensions with guns, Moreli wanting to spend sexual time with her but getting stopped, Ranger is the hunted person but still gets Stepanie hot and bothered, guys living with her or following her, still wrecks cars and finds dead bodies. ( )
  kshydog | Dec 13, 2020 |
I have read all of the Stephanie Plum novels so far and I just love these books. They are a very easy read and are something to read when you just wanna relax after a long day. They are just so humorous and I love all the characters, especially Grandma Mazur. It has a little bit of everything thrown in, while still being lighthearted.

I would recommend these books to anybody. ( )
  payday1999 | Dec 8, 2020 |
Book on CD read by Debi Mazar

Episode Six in the Stephanie Plum series has our charmingly inept bounty hunter on the trail of her mentor, and man of hot dreams, Ranger. But Ranger is mixed up in a pretty dicey situation and two thugs are on Steph’s trail, hoping she’ll lead them to Ranger. Bad enough, but Grandma Mazur has moved in, and Steph’s been saddled with the dog from hell, Bob.

This is possibly the funniest of the books in the series that I’ve read. I first read this in about March 2003, and I remember clearly reading in the cafeteria during my lunch break and bursting out in laughter loud enough to have people several tables away look up to see what was going on. It’s the scene where Bob is kidnapped by the two thugs … just after he’s eaten two boxes of Grandma Mazur’s prunes (box and contents). Good Boy, Bob!

Update: Oct 2020: I’m re-reading many of these now for a team challenge. But they’re also a great distraction from the serious issues facing our country right now.

Debi Mazar does a great job of reading the abridged audio version of this book. Having read the book previously, I really missed the episode of Bob in the car of the bad guys, after he’d eaten two entire boxes of prunes (box and contents). I was glad I had the text handy, so I could read that again.
  BookConcierge | Oct 26, 2020 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mazar, DebiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Is contained in

Has as a student's study guide

Thanks to Eileen Hoffman and Larry Martine for suggesting the title for this book.
Okay, so here's the thing.
Unknown if audiobook is abridged or unabridged.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,983,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible