To the Nines by Janet Evanovich

To the Nines (original 2003; edition 2004)

by Janet Evanovich (Author)

Series: Stephanie Plum (9)

Stephanie Plum may not be the best bounty hunter in beautiful downtown Trenton, but she's pretty darn good at turning bad situations her way ... and she always gets her man. In "To The Nines", her cousin Vinnie (who's her boss) has posted bail on Samuel Singh, an illegal immigrant. When the elusive, Mr. Singh goes missing, Stephanie is on the case. But what she uncovers is far more sinister than anyone imagines and leads to a group of killers who give new meaning to the word "hunter" ...… (more)
Member:BPodorski
Title:To the Nines
Authors:Janet Evanovich (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2004), 352 pages
Collections:Read

Work Information

To the Nines by Janet Evanovich (2003)

Hasta la Vista, Lola! by Misa Ramirez (readafew)
    readafew: Lola is a cross between Stephanie Plum and Kinsey Milhone
    How to Lose a Client by Becky A. Bartness (readafew)
    readafew: I would say How to Lose a Client is a similar kind of humor to Stephanie plum novels.

English (71)  Dutch (2)  Swedish (1)  All languages (74)
I love the Stephanie Plum novels. They are the perfect books to pick up after a long book or a book with a heavy theme. I love all the characters, but my favorite is Grandma Mazur. ( )
  booboo123 | Mar 15, 2022 |
The best thing about Evanovich's Plum series is the consistency of characters and timeline. With every book, Stephanie's life progresses with little backtracking or inconsistency. Evanovich does a great job catching the reader up, especially if someone is jumping into the series in midstream and hasn't read books one through eight. Reading the entire series is helpful, but not necessary.
Even though I am irked about Stephanie's relationships with Morelli and Ranger, I appreciate the growth in them. I don't think it's a spoiler alert to say that at the end of To the Nines Stephanie drops calling Morelli by his last name and moves onto calling him Joe. Is that a subtle hint that she is ready to get more serious? She did just move back in with him and gave up her apartment to her sister. Speaking of Valerie, she just had a baby (out of wedlock) and that definitely has Stephanie's biological clock ticking a little louder. Enough of that. Onto the plot:
The bounty hunting part of Stephanie's life takes more of a back seat in To the Nines. This time around, she is the hunted. Someone is sending her creepy messages coupled with a calling card of one rose and one carnation. It's the same message sent to several other victims. Could she be next on this serial killer's list? This time Ranger and Joe make a concerted effort to protect Stephanie as she tries to figure out who is capable of getting so close to her they can take a lock of her hair? ( )
  SeriousGrace | Sep 15, 2021 |
Stephanie seeks missing visa bond and "murder game"
  ritaer | Jul 10, 2021 |
One of the better ones in the series which is surprising without much of Grandma in it. Humorous with Lulu on a meat/bacon diet and even Connie helping on the hunt. Has to stay at Morelli’s place for safety. Sister Victoria is hugely pregnant til ending. Traveling to Vegas by plane was funny. Ranger’s Merry Men get hurt trying to protect her from a flower giving stalker. ( )
  kshydog | Dec 13, 2020 |
I have read all of the Stephanie Plum novels so far and I just love these books. They are a very easy read and are something to read when you just wanna relax after a long day. They are just so humorous and I love all the characters, especially Grandma Mazur. It has a little bit of everything thrown in, while still being lighthearted.

I would recommend these books to anybody. ( )
  payday1999 | Dec 8, 2020 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
Critt, C. J.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Is contained in

Thanks to Denise Margo Moy for suggesting the title for this book.
My name is Stephanie Plum and I was born and raised in the Chambersburg section of Trenton, where the top male activies are scarfing pastries and pork rinds and growing love handles.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,551,288 books! | Top bar: Always visible