Leonardo da Vinci by Ernest Raboff

Leonardo da Vinci

by Ernest Raboff

I like this book. Although it is written for children, I wonder whether or not children will appreciate it. The book is written to appeal to a young child. It seems to be hand printed and includes colorful words to attract the reader's attention. However, I feel that a middle school child or a high school child will better appreciate the information contained. The art work is divine. I can't imagine anyone who would not visually appreciate DaVinci's masterpieces. However, because of the subdued colors and the subject of his paintings, I doubt young children will appreciate this book without guidance. I feel that in an elementary classroom, this book would be best utilized by an art teacher who will educate the students about DaVinci and his work. ( )
  lalfonso | Mar 26, 2013 |
This is a study of some of Da Vinci's most famous works, with sketches and explanation of his innovative techniques.
  sderby | Jun 11, 2011 |

Explains some basic techniques of Da Vinci by analyzing several of his better-known paintings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,797,476 books! | Top bar: Always visible