Bible Archaeology: An Exploration of the…

Bible Archaeology: An Exploration of the History and Culture of Early… (2005)

by Alfred Hoerth

Offers maps, photographs, and diagrams to introduce readers to biblical archeology. This book helps readers experience the life and work of such godly men as Abraham and Moses, as well as Jesus and his disciples.

This is one of the best book investments I've ever made. My archaeology class (consisting of archaeologists, religious teachers, and geologists) all agreed that these are the best pictures of these artifacts we have ever seen- with the exception of the second to the last, something happened there. The text is clear, detailed, and complements the pictures well. Most of the time I get textbooks and sell them back, but this one has a permanent spot on my bookshelf. ( )
  MissWoodhouse1816 | May 5, 2009 |
Archaeology and the Bible -- Mesopotamia and the Bible -- Egypt and the Bible -- Palestine and the Bible, Old Testament -- Persia and the Bible -- Palestine and the Bible, New Testament -- Anatolia and the Bible -- Greece and the Bible -- Italy and the Bible.
  lifespringworc | Apr 26, 2008 |
I dedicate this book to my children, Carl and Cathe, who walked with me over a good portion of these biblical lands. Al Hoerth
I dedicate this book to my grandchildren, Melanie, Zachary, Jonathan, Michael, Anna, Mitchel, Matthew, and Skyler, with whom I am blessed to share my love for the Holy Lands. John McRay
Archaeology is by definition the "study of antiquity," and in its quest to recover and better understand earlier civilizations it embraces much more than excavation.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,804,072 books! | Top bar: Always visible