The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus Book 1) by…

The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus Book 1) (edition 2012)

by Rick Riordan (Author)

9,168320645 (4.2)158
Jason, Piper, and Leo, three students from a school for "bad kids," find themselves at Camp Half-Blood, where they learn that they are demigods and begin a quest to free Hera, who has been imprisoned by Mother Earth herself.
Member:ellenmcdevitt
Title:The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus Book 1)
Authors:Rick Riordan (Author)
Info:Puffin (2012), Edition: 01, 576 pages

Work Information

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (deslivres5)
    deslivres5: Riordan works his mythology magic again, but this time with the Egyptian gods and myths.
    Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling (cyderry)
    Eragon by Christopher Paolini (hermionewannabe)
    hermionewannabe: If you enjoy fantasy works than you will love the Eragon series.
    So This Is How It Ends by Tui T. Sutherland (Sammelsurium)

English (309)  French (2)  All (1)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (314)
Idea- good. Enjoyable. A little frustrated that the characters weren't getting it. They had to be told 5 times each what it took me 2 times to get. Semi-cliff-hanger ending. Loved Leo. And I was pleased that there exists books for boys that are not filled with physical potty humor. ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |
I love Rick Riordan's writing style and The Heroes of Olympus series is my second favorite of all his series. I love mythology and he does a great job of bring any and all mytholgy to life in a fresh and new way. I find the characters to be engaging and to feel really real. I love how he weaves the mythology into modern times so you feel like you are learning something as you are being entertained. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
I'm writing this review after having just finished the third book of the "Heroes of Olympus" series. I have to say that this second series isn't as much to my liking as the first series "Percy J. and the Olympians." While there is still some clever give-and-take and the basic premise remains the same as the first books, each book in this series has chapters from several different characters perspectives. I think I preferred a single narrator (Percy). Percy also becomes more shallow in this series, possibly because he has less chance to say what he wants to say. I'm also getting tired of the repeated clashes with monsters. I understand that the heroes have to surmount obstacles, but it is starting to feel like it's simply a fight commentary with short timeouts for plot. ( )
  Jeff.Rosendahl | Sep 21, 2021 |
This is a bit different than the Percy Jackson series in a number of ways. First, this is not presented in first person. And that definitely makes sense as Riordan is no longer focusing solely on Percy as the protagonist of this series. Second, even though the world is the same, be prepared for a whole new slate of characters to be joining the world of Percy and the other Half-Bloods.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. It contains the spirit of the previous series, pulls in even more mythology and history, and delivers another great adventure with a few unexpected twists and turns. ( )
  crtsjffrsn | Aug 27, 2021 |
At first I wasn't sure if I'd like the introduction of roman gods into one of my favorite series but he pulled it off and I loved reading the book and it made me very excited for the Son of Neptune to come out since it ended with a cliff hanger ( )
  Nikki_Sojkowski | Aug 26, 2021 |

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Swanson, JoshuaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Haley and Patrick, always the first to hear stories. Without them, Camp Half-Blood would not exist.
Even before he got electrocuted, Jason was having a rotten day.
There are several books with this title by different authors.

Jason has a problem. He doesn’t remember anything before waking up in a bus full of kids on a field trip. Apparently he has a girlfriend named Piper and a best friend named Leo. They’re all students at a boarding school for “bad kids.” What did Jason do to end up here? And where is here, exactly?

Piper has a secret. Her father has been missing for three days, ever since she had that terrifying nightmare. Piper doesn’t understand her dream, or why her boyfriend suddenly doesn’t recognize her. When a freak storm hits, unleashing strange creatures and whisking her, Jason, and Leo away to someplace called Camp Half-Blood, she has a feeling she’s going to find out.

Leo has a way with tools. When he sees his cabin at Camp Half-Blood, filled with power tools and machine parts, he feels right at home. But there’s weird stuff, too—like the curse everyone keeps talking about. Weirdest of all, his bunkmates insist that each of them—including Leo—is related to a god.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0141334010, 0141325496

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,452,406 books! | Top bar: Always visible