Wicked Highlander

by Donna Grant

Series: Dark World (3), Dark Sword (Book 3)

The most reckless and fierce of the MacLeod brothers, Quinn is a prisoner of the god inside him, tormented by his inability to save his family from slaughter. His fury governs him, and day by day he loses himself to the darkness in his soul. But Quinn has a profound yearning for a woman's love. . . . Raised by Druids, the achingly beautiful Marcail is as spellbinding as the ancient magic that surges through her body. To Quinn, she is the most desirable woman he has ever known. But to his enemy Deirdre, she is the perfect bait to lure Quinn into her trap. Once the two lovers are in her wicked grasp, their passion will be put to the ultimate test.… (more)

Ah...even though this story was darker than the other two I loved learning about Quinn, Deidre's obsession with him and Marcail.
How Quinn and Marcail found each other in such a horrid place...such a love story. Then the addition of the warriors who pledged their allegiance to Quinn. We meet Charon and get the full scope of Broc. I think I am going to fall for him in the near future. (Okay, so it might be a toss up between him and Hayden whom we see briefly in the sample of the next book.)

Back to the story at hand. Deidre is still out to control Quinn, break him and have him impregnate her with the prophesied demon child. That witch is seriously whacked...more so than you would expect her to be. She still wants to ultimately have all three MacLeod brothers under her control, yea, like that is going to happen.
But to see the plotting going on right under her nose leads you to believe that ego of hers is going to be her down fall. Broc is turning out to be the original double agent; and how Isla tries in her own little way to find every opportunity to thwart Deidre's plans is heartening. Phelan, OMG...who is he and I love him for what he eventually does to end it all. Charon, hmm, Charon is going to be another warrior I want to keep a close eye on. What did Deidre promise him or allude to that would get him to work as her spy in The Pit? Now what's he going to do since he's recently found himself out of a job.
Ah, off to freshen up my coffee and get a snack before I continue on my journey with these warriors. Next up...Hayden and (gasp) Isla? Ooh could a more turbulent situation be thrown at us!!! ( )
  ChachaJ | Feb 1, 2021 |
Oh wow! It was a great read. I am so happy for Quinn. He finally gets what he wants. ( )
  RobinCripps | Jul 12, 2019 |
Marcail is thrown into the Pit, Diedre has thrown Quinn. He protects her and falls in love with her as his brothers and others seek to free him and end Dierdre
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |

Donna Grant is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,035,930 books! | Top bar: Always visible