Kill Shakespeare Volume 1 by Conor McCreery

Kill Shakespeare Volume 1 (edition 2010)

by Conor McCreery (Author)

Series: Kill Shakespeare (1-6)

What Fables does for fairy tales, Kill Shakespeare does with the greatest writer of all time. This dark take on the Bard pits his greatest heroes (Hamlet, Juliet, Othello Falstaff) against his most menacing villains (Richard III, Lady Macbeth, Iago) in an epic adventure to find and kill a reclusive wizard named William Shakespeare.… (more)
Member:Altivo-
Title:Kill Shakespeare Volume 1
Authors:Conor McCreery (Author)
Info:IDW Publishing (2010), Edition: 59143rd, 148 pages

Work Information

Kill Shakespeare Volume 1 by Conor McCreery

Pretty bloody. Hard to say if it will convince any younger readers to read original Shakespeare
  juniperSun | Dec 7, 2021 |
Read the first 2 issues (they were free on Comixology) but nothing I saw or read would convince me to part with actual cash for this. The story is confused at best and the artwork was a mess. ( )
  Lillian_Francis | Feb 24, 2021 |
It's a bit confusing for a while, but eventually gets underway really well. ( )
  Computr821 | Aug 28, 2020 |
I thought this was a very interesting idea - taking Shakespeare's characters and putting them in a world where they're fighting a war. When I heard about it, my first thought was of The Unwritten graphic novels and if you've read my prior reviews, you know I love those. Kill Shakespeare doesn't have quite the magic that The Unwritten stories do and doesn't seem to have as much thought put into the story but it is pretty entertaining. The panes got confusing a couple of times and that took away from the flow of the story. I am curious to see where it goes and if it lives up to the potential. ( )
  melrailey | Apr 7, 2020 |
I came here to watch Shakespeare be hunted down and killed by his own characters and I honestly feel so betrayed. ( )
  Faith_Murri | Dec 9, 2019 |
Despite the hackneyed prophecy plot device, McCreery and Del Col spin an engrossing action-adventure tale of satisfying complexity, full of mystery, deceit, and gory violence, starring a hero who once again must marshal his determination and decide his path. While not scholarly or especially subtle, it makes good use of its main characters, incorporates many references to the plays, and achieves its seeming ambition to be cool (and even, when Hamlet and Falstaff escape the “bawdy house,” comical). Recommended.
added by sduff222 | editLibrary Journal, S.R. (Jan 15, 2011)

The future. Arise Shadow King, you belong to me now.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,163,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible