Rot wie die Liebe by Nora Roberts

Rot wie die Liebe (original 2006; edition 2008)

by Nora Roberts, Nora Roberts (Author), Margarethe van Pée (Übersetzer)

Member:rhavaniel
Title:Rot wie die Liebe
Authors:Nora Roberts
Other authors:Nora Roberts (Author), Margarethe van Pée (Übersetzer)
Info:Blanvalet (2008), Broschiert, 384 pages

Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts (2006)

Recently added byLauren2013, private library, Erina39

Magic! (33)

English (26)  German (1)  All (27)
Well , this was better than I expected, but still lacking. I love Cian but Moira is a bit on the annoying side. This was just a very mushy book. My favorite of the series had to be ' Dance of the Gods' I just love Larkin and Blair. They are very fun characters. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
The best of the trilogy. At least with this one I couldn't predict the end (not completely, you have some idea of what will happen). Because of this, it I found myself enjoying the progression of the story. There was an actual problem here that needed to be solved between the main characters.
Something her recent books have been lacking. ( )
  CinderH | Sep 24, 2015 |
Cian's dialogue grew on me against my will. ( )
  OldManNick | Aug 19, 2015 |
I struggled to get through this paranormal story that seemed to be mostly ceremony and preparation for the last few pages. The romance consisted of the hero and heroine saying how their love was doomed. I skimmed the last quarter of the book. Vampire Cian and Queen Moira work with their circle of six to fight evil vampires.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
This is the third in The Circle Trilogy, and the two armies finally meet each other in the Valley of Silence located in Geall. The vampires have viciousness and superiority in the dark – the humans have the circle of six. Of the six, Glenna, a witch, and the wizard, Hoyt, have married; and Blair, the vampire killer and Larkin the shape-shifter have paired up. This leaves this book book to cover the growing attraction between Moira, scholar and Queen of Geall, and the vampire Cian. Can there be any hope for a relationship between a human, with a limited life span, and a vampire, even a good one, who will live for centuries? Before they can explore the unlikely possibility, they have a war to win.
Didn’t like this one quite as much as the previous two – I think it had more to do with the fact that I just wanted the battle to get over – the build up seemed to drag on. Other than was an OK read.

sally906 | Apr 3, 2013 |
Two worlds hang in the balance as the Circle of Six fights to save humanity in both the otherworldly land of Geall and modern-day Earth. The final, explosive chapter in Roberts' new trilogy brings to fruition the ultimate battle that has been destined from the start. Let's hope this powerful, romantic and deeply emotional book is only the start of Roberts' leap into the paranormal genre.

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hill, DickReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ehrs, BrunoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Evrard, LionelTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pée, Margarethe vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Salo, Annasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Le bien et le mal, nous le savons prospèrent en ce bas monde presque inséparablement.
John Milton, Aeropagitica
Ne t'imagine pas que je sois ce que j'étais.
Shakespeare, Henry IV
Good and evil, we know, in the field of this world
grow up together almost inseparably.
---John Milton
Presume not that I am the thing I was.
---Shakespeare
A Mon propre cercle, famille et amis.
To my own circle,
friends and family.
Le vieil homme discernait des images dans les flammes.
There were pictures in the fire.

In the kingdom of Geall, the scholarly Moira has taken up the sword of her people. Now, as queen, she must prepare her subjects for the greatest battle they will ever fight—against an enemy more vicious than any they have seen. For Lilith, the most powerful vampire in the world, has followed the circle of six through time to Geall. Moira also has a personal score to settle. Vampires killed her mother—and now, she is ready to exact her revenge. But there is one vampire to whom she would trust her soul... Cian was changed by Lilith centuries ago. But now, he stands with the circle. Without hesitation, he will kill others of his kind—and has earned the respect of sorcerer, witch, warrior and shape-shifter. But he wants more than respect from Moira—even though his desire for her makes him vulnerable. For how can a man with an eternity to live love a woman whose life is sure to end—if not by Lilith's hand, then by the curse of time?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515141674, Mass Market Paperback)

The battleground has been chosen for the final showdown between those selected by the gods and the minions of the vampire Lilith. But there is one vampire who dares stand against her. And his love for the scholarly queen of Geall will complete the circle of six - and change the face of eternity.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:54 -0400)

The Valley of Silence is a forbidding place for the battle of all battles, but the circle continues to prepare through magic and a few early stakeouts that test their strength individually and as a team. Moira finds herself playing the roles of warrior and royal, as she follows the tradition of her people and prepares to take the crown before leading them into battle. And if that isn't enough, she finds her thoughts turning to Cian more often than not.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,770,799 books! | Top bar: Always visible