Dog Loves Books by Louise Yates

Dog Loves Books (2010)

by Louise Yates

Dog loves books so much that he decides to open a book store.

I think this was a great book that shows kids learning and reading is fun. I think this would be a great book to read to children when they are starting to discover books and reading. This book does well with getting children excited about books as well with the fun illsustrations that go along with the book. ( )
  mgcampb1 | Nov 27, 2018 |
Dog opens a bookstore and finds that his passion is reading books and recommending books for others to read. It's a simple story with small illustrations. ( )
  aurorapaigem | Dec 2, 2017 |
Summary: This book is about a dog who loves books. He loves them so much that he decides to open up a book store. A few customers come into the shop but walk out. The dog waits patiently, reading many books, until more customers. Eventually one little girl comes in and gets to share his excitement for books with her.
Genre: This book would be considered fantasy because the author creates a world where dogs can open a bookstore and read. Realistically a dog is not able to read a book nor is he able to communicate with humans.
Medium: Ink and water color
Age Appropriateness: Primary and 3rd grade (?)
Use in a classroom: This book could be used in a classroom to teach the child what it means to get lost in books. The dog is so into the book that he becomes the book. While this does not happen in real life, we can teach kids that a good book will draw us and engage us in the story.
  rbrock15 | Feb 9, 2017 |
Dog loves books - Dog loves drawing - Dog loves counting - Dog loves fairy tales by Yates_ Louise
4 stories about a white puppy. Because he loves book so much he opens his own book store.
Next book is about the white puppy who gets a blank book-a book for drawing. His sketches comes to live.
Next is about counting sheep, and he finds numbers in everything he does...
Next his life is in a fairy tale...
  jbarr5 | Nov 22, 2016 |
32 months - super cute, love the visuals from the stories dog reads. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Even in these hectic electronic days, [Dog Loves Books] proves there's no substitute for the right book for the right child at the right time.

For Eleanor and Cedric
Dog loved books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,761,719 books! | Top bar: Always visible