HomeGroupsTalkExplore

We'll Always Have Summer

by Jenny Han

Series: Summer Series (3)

The summer after her first year of college, Isobel "Belly" Conklin is faced with a choice between Jeremiah and Conrad Fisher, brothers she has always loved, when Jeremiah proposes marriage and Conrad confesses that he still loves her.

1:35:24 ( )
  Katherine74 | Nov 3, 2022 |
Jenny Han books have such great pacing and always start off with a bang! Several years have passed. Belly is a freshman in college and dating Jeremiah. And wow was I not expecting the news he cheated on her in Cabo!

Then the majority of the book centers on the decision of Belly and Jeremiah to get married at the age of 18 and the fallout that results. It’s great to read from Belly’s perspective because she’s so convinced she’s right and different from her parents, who sadly divorced, and that things will turn out great and different from most kids who get married in their teens, and all the while, there is Conrad in the background, who she has always loved. This was a complete page-turner and I loved every minute. Jenny Han is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors for fun, light reads. Great conclusion to the series.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader. ( )
  KatKinney | Mar 3, 2022 |
4.5 stars
A great ending to an excellent series. Looking forward to reading more books by Jenny Han! :) ( )
  _Marcia_94_ | Sep 21, 2021 |
3.5 Stars. Given that this trilogy focused on a love triangle, how satisfying you find this final book in the end probably most depends on which guy you favored, still, whichever side you’re on if you enjoy melodrama this one’s as much a page-turner as the first two books were.

I liked that Conrad gets his own point of view, particularly since he has grown from the previous books so he’s kind of a voice of maturity at least in comparison to Belly and Jeremiah, even so I wanted a bit more of an explanation for his hot and cold behavior, particularly in regards to the time period prior to a major loss in his life.

Belly and Jeremiah’s rashness and immaturity reach a fever pitch in this book to the point where they can be downright aggravating yet at the same time I appreciate that Jenny Han’s willing to let her characters be flawed, making terrible reactionary choices is human, there is some realism to that even if it does make it challenging to entirely support them on every page. ( )
  SJGirl | Sep 12, 2021 |
Hahahahahaha remember when I wrote my review of [b:It's Not Summer Without You|6584188|It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)|Jenny Han|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1479864019s/6584188.jpg|6777681] and I was like, "I hope the author doesn't ruin the last book of a trilogy?

Yep, she ruined it.

I mean, the bar wasn't super high to begin with, but as soon as we had the cheating* and the marriage that will miraculously fix the cheating I knew this was gonna be baaaad.

And then it was all Belly and Jere being immature and then finally everyone's secrets spill out and then all we get for an ending is that stupid epilogue. Seriously, I waited three whole books and that's all I get of Belly and Conrad . Ugh.

And that's the whole problem - all three main characters needed to grow tf up the whole way through the series and they never did . Don't just tell me that Belly and Conrad end up together after showing zero personal growth. I wanna see them earn this love! Because right now all I've seen is dysfunctional as shit.

Boo, Jenny Han.

And yet, I've already ordered the [b:To All the Boys I've Loved Before|15749186|To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)|Jenny Han|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1372086100s/15749186.jpg|21442106] series from the library so watch me jump into another (probably disappointing) Jenny Han series straight away!

*And was it really cheating? I mean, the whole "on a break" subplot of Friends was the worst-

-and this is basically that all over again. If you're broken up, he can sleep with someone else! But also, if you sleep with someone else days after breaking up, your ex is gonna be pissed!
  a-shelf-apart | Nov 19, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

For my two Emilys:

Emily van Beek, you are my ambassador of quan

Emily Thomas Meehan, let's stay together forever

love, your girl
On Wednesday nights when I was little, my mom and I would watch old musicals.
It’s a known fact that in life, you can’t have everything. In my heart I knew I loved them both, as much as possible to love two people at the same time. Conrad and I were linked, we would always be linked. That wasn’t something I could do away with. I knew that now — that love wasn’t something you could erase, no matter how hard you tried.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,827,611 books! | Top bar: Always visible