Untitled (Pretty Little Liars) by Sara…

Untitled (Pretty Little Liars) (edition 2009)

by Sara Shepard

Four girls living in a wealthy suburb discover the identity of a stalker who has been sending them shocking text messages, and uncover the mystery of who killed their childhood friend.
Member:Sara174
Title:Untitled (Pretty Little Liars)
Authors:Sara Shepard
Info:

Work Information

Unbelievable by Sara Shepard

English (41)  Spanish (1)  All languages (42)
{my thoughts} - I wasn’t disappointed in this book. It led to new discoveries and information that I hadn’t been expecting. It is a good read and well worth the time. This book took me three days to read because I had gotten completely wrapped up in wanting know what was going to happen next.

I was surprised to read that Aria’s father was going to marry the girl he had the fling with and that they were having a baby – completely threw me off guard — It also surprised me to read that Jenna was in on the “Jenna thing” which not only shocked me but appalled me – Seemed that the deal she made with Ali had cost them both something – Jenna her eye sight and eventually Ali’s life….

At the end of the book I remember thinking OMGosh that can’t be true when I read that A was Mona and that Mona had gotten all her information from a diary that Alison had kept and was thrown to the curb when Maya had moved into the house and they cleaned out the room. And then Mona took Spencer with her after the Foxy to go and tell the Cops who A was and instead took her to a Quarry where she tried to kill Spencer – but Mona ended up falling of the cliff instead and died instantly as she had snapped her neck. I couldn’t believe that she was A and that she had been doing all that stuff to them girls – but it made sense because she was always treated like crap by them and then her and Hanna became friends when Ali went missing but it all seemed to be a complete joke to her because all she wanted to do was seek revenge against the girls and eventually that is just what she did – she got revenge but killed herself in the process – but look at the bright side now A is gone…. or are they …. ???

{reason for reading} - I watch the show. ( )
  Zapkode | Jun 1, 2024 |

{reason for reading} - I watch the show. ( )
  CrimsonSoul | Jun 1, 2024 |
Synopsis:
Who is A? Who tried to kill Hannah? Secrets will be revealed in the fourth novel (and final arc in the first quartet) of the Pretty Little Liars series.

My Review:
The fourth book in Sara Shedpard's Pretty Little Liars gave a great ending to one of the many plot lines - who is the first A? I was very happy that this story arc came to a close, since the mystery of A was beginning to become more of a bother than an interesting plot line.

Some of the characters do seem whiny and annoying, at least by an adult's standards, but it is fitting in the setting of the high school teenagers dealing with a crazy murderer.

This book will get you hooked from start to finish. With the tease of knowing who A is, you'll be grasping onto this book desperately and not wanting to let it go. Each character has a different chapter and it rotates so the reader gets many points of views within this final novel within the first quartet in Pretty Little Liars.

This book moved at a good, fast paced and the plot line was well thought out. There wasn't much more I wanted out of this book! The plot arc coming to a close made the four books arc perfectly over. I can't wait to get the fifth book in this series! This book was not as slow in the movement of plot as the first three were! Sara Shepard seems to be getting better and better with each PLL book that comes out.

If you have watched the television series you must be aware that this series does not follow directly with the show. This series was made first, and thus there was changes.

For readers who are not as impressed with this series as I am - every quartet is a great place to stop if you don't want to leave things off on a bad ending. Each quartet seems to have a good ending if you felt the need to stop, but there will still be a few unanswered questions. That being said, if you chose to stop here, it would help tie up most of the loose ends.

Five out of five stars! A good, quick read with great movements in plot! ( )
  Briars_Reviews | Aug 4, 2023 |
The binge reading continues... ( )
  curious_squid | Apr 5, 2021 |
what's truly unbelievable is that I'm still addicted to these books

They're not sinfully bad - I still think they're fairly solid, exciting books, although the thrills are minor considering it doesn't exactly invite you to get attached to it. They're paced at a breakneck speed with at least considerable developments every chapter, the characters are clear-cut and what you see is exactly what you get with them.

But...man. They feel like they're just some brand-listing padding on a skeletal plan of the book. It has no connection to me, I can't identify any characters' voices from each other (except maybe Hanna since she's so...salty?), and I'm not really rooting for anyone or dreading anything. It's so empty and yet is satisfying in the way - forgive the analogy that makes me sound 50 years old - that social media is, like with every refresh I get something new. No ruminations here. Just scene scene scene scene. And this is my fourth book in like two weeks, so obviously it works.

(also, tfw you have so many generic white people that you have a character named noel AND a character named noelle)

I'm gonna be continuing, but with the show, to fourteen-year-old me's utter shock. ( )
  Chyvalrys | Aug 5, 2020 |
"No one can wear a mask for very long." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca
To Lanie, Les, Josh, and Sara
Ever wish you could go back in time and undo your mistakes? If only you hadn't drawn taht clown face on your Bratz doll your best friend got for her eighth birthday, she wouldn't have dropped you for the new girl from Boston.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,195,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible