Locke & Key: Head Games

by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriguez (Illustrator)

Other authors: Jay Fotos (Colorist), Robbie Robbins (Letterer)

Series: Locke & Key (2), Locke & Key: Head Games (1-6)

Following a shocking death, Kinsey and Tyler Locke turn to their new friend, Zack Wells, for support, little suspecting Zack's dark secret. Meanwhile, six-year-old Bode Locke tries to puzzle out the secret of the head key, and Uncle Duncan is jarred into the past by a disturbingly familiar face.

English (73)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  All languages (76)
This is a pretty good comic book series so far. It takes advantage of the visual aspect to show you things that just wouldn't have the same impact with words alone. People messing with your head really becomes more than just a creepy metaphor when you see it on the page. The characters are really starting to live for me. I care about them and the suspense is building as the plot becomes more complicated.

The artwork is outstanding.

Listening to the vinyl 12" Dance Mix of 21st Century Boy by Sigue Sigue Sputnik. ( )
  Gumbywan | Jun 24, 2022 |
This one's scary as hell! Not the head games part: that's pretty cool actually. But Zack aka Luke is one deranged monster! His torment of Ellie is particularly vicious. The portrayal of Rufus is nothing short of brilliant! And the art by Rodriguez , oh, it's so breathtakingly amazing! The depiction of Kinsey's tears and fear is so marvelous that I keep seeing those images even when I go to bed. Her relationships with Scot and Jamal are so realistically portrayed that you can empathize completely with the teenager, even though you might know better. Bode is the heart of the book that seems to hold the whole story together. One of the best things I liked was the portrayal of Brian, Duncan's partner. I'd imagined Duncan with a sexy, younger man, but after seeing Brian's picture, I thought he was perfect for Duncan.
But the best character, by far, is Zack. The sheer evil! He deserves to be right up there with the likes of Sauron and Voldemort. ( )
  Chandna_Agarwal | Apr 8, 2022 |
THIS COMIC FREAKS ME OUT SO BAD! Yet I can't seem to stop reading them... It just takes a while.

Also I can't really tell why it freaks me out. But I have a very low threshold for scary things so maybe that's it? ( )
  Jonesy_now | Sep 24, 2021 |
Loved it. Another great graphic novel in the Locke and Key series. Quick reads, but the story is scary and so very interesting, and the artwork is amazing. Absolutely loved it. ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
I thought this was awful. I liked the first book in the series, but had trouble following the plot here, other than the rather creative notion of a key that can open someone's head and allow access to their memories. Thus 2 stars, instead of 1. Guess I am in the minority here. Doubtful I will continue the series. ( )
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |
There are so many comics published these days that it's impossible to keep up on them all—not to mention, who can afford to? But there are shining examples of the genre that shouldn't be missed and this is one... I don't want to tell you too much because the joy of inventive series such as this is in your discovery of each new marvel and danger. Let me just say that Hill never goes exactly where you think he will, and therein lies much of the pleasure.

Joe Hillprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rodriguez, GabrielIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Fotos, JayColoristsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Robbins, RobbieLetterersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ellis, WarrenIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
When you said "Let's go study down by the creek," I didn't think you really meant "Let's go study."
This is the collected volume of Head Games. Please do not combine with individual issues. They can be related with a contains relationship.

Joe Hill is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,739,014 books! | Top bar: Always visible