When the Wind Blows by James Patterson

When the Wind Blows (original 1998; edition 1998)

by James Patterson (Author)

3,818652,425 (3.56)1 / 64
Frannie O'Neill is a young and talented veterinarian living in Colorado. Plagued by the mysterious murder of her husband, David, a local doctor, Frannie throws herself into her work. It is not long before another bizarre murder occurs and Kit Harrison, a troubled and unconventional FBI agent, arrives on her doorstep. Late one night, near the woods of her animal hospital, Frannie stumbles upon a strange, astonishing phenomenon that will change the course of her life forever. Her name is Max. With breathtaking energy, eleven-year-old Max leads Frannie and Kit to uncover one of the most diabolical and inhuman plots of modern science. When the Wind Blows is as unique a story as has ever been told, filled with suspense and passion.… (more)
Member:mdbenderjr
Title:When the Wind Blows
Authors:James Patterson (Author)
Info:Little Brown & Co (1998), Edition: 1st, 432 pages

When the Wind Blows by James Patterson (1998)

English (64)  French (1)  All languages (65)
started reading this my freshman year of high school. stopped a couple pages in. never figured out why....

then this past summer, i snatched this copy from the throw-away pile at work. ahh the joys of working in the library :)

as far as the book goes... yum yum yummmm ( )
  mkmiller90 | Jan 2, 2021 |
I liked it, very different from his other stuff!
I loved the birds. ( )
  LoisSusan | Dec 10, 2020 |
I felt that the idea of this book was quite decent, but it was let down in the execution, Patterson's writing style just didn't really seem to fit the story. Instead, it came off as somewhere between a young adult book and a crime book, but sadly wasn't very good at either of those things.

Initially, I was very unimpressed with the book, which says something considering my expectations were already low being a Patterson book, and getting it from the free bin at the secondhand book shop. After about a quarter of the way through though things do start to improve and it does redeem itself, although that being said whilst it turns into a reasonable book, I didn't find it to be good per se.

Overall, you could certainly do worse for reading material, it was average, distinctly so. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Mar 14, 2020 |
I really wanted to like this book. It was a very nice Idea, and some parts of the book really grabbed me and forced me to keep reading when I was planning on sleeping.

Some parts of the book seemed a bit strange to me, because the descriptions were formulated in a way that was just pulling me out of the book. I can't really describe what was wrong about those passages, and I read the german version of the book, so I attributed them to bad translation.

I can confirm some of the criticism that is written in the other reviews, the characters are sometimes pretty flat. Still, if you enjoy the genre of this book and don't know what to read next, just go to the library and loan the book. If you liked it: Great. If you didn't, at least you did not spend money on it ;-). ( )
  malexmave | Oct 3, 2019 |
When a young veterinarian whose husband has recently been murdered comes across an astonishing discovery in the woods near her animal hospital, she soon finds herself in the company of an unconventional FBI agent.
  JRCornell | Dec 8, 2018 |
Must be thrilling from the air.

Leopold Bloom
Ulysses
"Somebody please help me!..."

Hachette Book Group

5 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446607657, 0446676438, 0316693324, 1586215213, 1570426406

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,602,230 books! | Top bar: Always visible