Lean on Me: Volume 4 (Masters of the…

Lean on Me: Volume 4 (Masters of the Shadowlands) (edition 2014)

by Cherise Sinclair (Author)

2071894,970 (4.11)1
Andrea wants to submit, but not to just any so-called Dom. He has to be tougher than the slum-bred bullies she grew up with. She'd given up finding a true Dom when her friend finagles her a place as a trainee in an exclusive BDSM club with the powerful Shadowlands Masters. Andrea's thrilled...and terrified. Forced to accept an unknown submissive into his carefully run trainee program, Master Cullen is furious. Not only is the young woman new to BDSM, but she's unsuited to her role--armoured in leather like a Domme, she's more liable to punch a Dom than kneel. He decides to push her right back out the door. But as he ruthlessly intimidates her, punishes her, then comforts her, his glimpses of the woman inside the emotional armour intrigue him and her utter surrender captures his heart. Although Master Cullen is famous for his unfettered lifestyle, Andrea believes he might be interested in her, until she discovers he's not just a bartender--he's a cop. Maybe he'd overlook her past brush with the law, but when another trainee accuses her of stealing money, Andrea's sure she's lost the Master she wanted with all her heart. "Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: BDSM theme and content (includes/not limited to: bondage, spanking, tethering), voyeurism."… (more)
Member:dclay
Title:Lean on Me: Volume 4 (Masters of the Shadowlands)
Authors:Cherise Sinclair (Author)
Info:VanScoy Publishing Group (2014), 278 pages
Collections:Your library, Read, Kindle
Rating:***
Tags:Fiction, Romance

Lean on Me (Masters of the Shadowlands, #4) by Cherise Sinclair

Loved it.I loved how much in depth the author had gone to explain characters. ( )
  KrazyKoala | Sep 14, 2020 |
  KrazyKoala | Sep 14, 2020 |
I enjoyed reading this story. If you are looking for strong emotions (there is no way to read this story with out experiencing the emotions)this is a great way to do it. Andrea has taken care of herself and her father since she was 9. Growing up she has learned not to depend on anyone. Learning to give complete trust and submission is really hard for her. Cullen is a dom who has lived for so long closed off to emotions and finds that Andrea is just what he needs to become whole again. This trainee and trainer are perfect for each other. ( )
  Hanneri | Dec 6, 2017 |
I really like Cullen and enjoyed his story ( )
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
Another great addition to the Shadowlands series. I really identified with the overly independent Andrea. Strong-willed and unable to submit to just any Dom, Andrea stood out as a unique heroine compared to the small amount of BDSM stories I've read. Oh, and thank the gods her gay friend didn't die in the end. Or his boyfriend. I also liked the dash of family life we got of Andrea in her outside life. It definitely gave her character more depth.

A few things annoyed me. Andrea grew up in a rough neighborhood. I get that it fits the needs of a dynamic between Andrea and another sub, but I'm kind of tired of reading stories where people of color all come from the ghetto. And it's great that Andrea owns her own business. Why did it have to be a cleaning business? Are Latinas only capable of domestic jobs? I would have rather her be a starving artist or own a cheese shop or anything besides cleaning.

Anyway, I still love the Shadowlands and have an inkling that Marcus could be next in line to find the sub of his dreams. I don't really care who's next though. I'm sticking with this series till the end! ( )
  Akaria | May 13, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,547,500 books! | Top bar: Always visible