Lonely on the Mountain (The Sacketts) by…

Lonely on the Mountain (The Sacketts) (original 1980; edition 1984)

by Louis L'Amour

370None29,266 (3.55)3
Member:fuzzi
Title:Lonely on the Mountain (The Sacketts)
Authors:Louis L'Amour
Info:Bantam (1984), Paperback, 208 pages
Collections:Your library, Louis L'Amour, Westerns
Tags:Western

Lonely on the Mountain by Louis L'Amour (1980)

Recently added byhpl83332, egb, morryb, wespector, private library, KJC.BOOKS, Spalding, Mhwelton, SergeantMajorMom

No reviews
To Lou Satz
There will come a time when you believe everything is finished.

The Sacket Brothers didn't know what brand of trouble cousin Logan was in, but he needed beef cattle badly.
So with Tell Sackett ramrodding, Tyrel, Orrin and Cap Roundtree rode north - pushing 1100 head across the wide Dakota plains toward the mountains of far western Canada. Past Sioux, past Logan's treacherous enemies,s, through uncharted trails, the Sacketts drove on.
Because when you step on the toes of one Sackett, they all come running.
--------------

Shanty had a nice smile. "We've got you," he said. "There's no way you can get away."
I smiled back at him. "Then take me," I said. "I'm here."
Shanty hesitated. It worried him that I was not afraid. "You came," he admitted. "I never thought you'd make it."
"There are two more up on the mountain and by now they're beginning to miss me. They're getting lonely on the mountain, Shanty, and they'll come down."
"We will handle them."
"And there are more of us where we came from. Be smart, Shanty. Cash in your chips while you still can."
He laughed. "you know, Sackett, I like you. I'm going to hate to kill you."

In Lonely on the Mountain, Louis L’Amour’s solitary wandering Sackett brothers make a stand together—to save one of their own.

The rare letters Tell Sackett received always had trouble inside. And the terse note from his cousin Logan is no exception. Logan faces starvation or a hanging if Tell can’t drive a herd of cattle from Kansas to British Columbia before winter. To get to Logan, he must brave prairie fires, buffalo stampedes, and Sioux war parties. But worse trouble waits, for a mysterious enemy shadows Sackett’s every move across the Dakotas and the Canadian Rockies. Tell Sackett has never abandoned another Sackett in need. He will bring aid to Logan—or die trying.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:24 -0400)

To help a cousin in need, the Sackett brothers drive 1,100 head of cattle across the wide Dakota plains toward Canada, weathering adversity along the way.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,804,799 books! | Top bar: Always visible