Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales

by Tamora Pierce

Series: Tortall Universe (16)

A collection of fantasy stories by Tamora Pierce that are set in her created land of Tortall and feature a range of familiar and unknown characters.

English (41)  Danish (1)  All languages (42)
An excellent addition to Pierce's Tortall series. I love learning new things about characters, and several of these stories (the previously published "Elder Brother" and "The Hidden Girl" as well as "The Dragon's Tale", "Nawat", and "Student of Ostriches") do just that. "Huntress" is a relatively new conceit for Pierce--a modern-day story in an urban setting--and very interesting. ( )
  Menshevixen | Oct 13, 2020 |
I extra loved the huntress story near the end, but all of these are interesting and engaging. ( )
  bookbrig | Aug 5, 2020 |
I don't generally enjoy short stories. I think these would have been better if they were recognizable characters or if they had fit into the known timelines better. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
What can I say, I love everything Tammy writes. ( )
  a-shelf-apart | Nov 19, 2019 |
I liked it a lot. Even though it was short stories so it should have been easy to put down that actually made it harder to put down... just one more... and ops is it 3 am already.
Very enjoyable - especially all the Tortall stories. ( )
  macthekat82 | May 26, 2018 |

Tamora Pierceprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gerardi, JanCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

To my editors for these stories - Bruce Coville, Jack Dann, Gardner Dozois, David Fickling, Douglas Hill, R. Schuyler Hooke, Mallory Loehr, Ron McCutchan, Sharyn November, Terry Ofner, M. Jerry Weiss, and Helen S. Weiss - with my deepest thanks for these chances to expand and my apologies for the many bad words I said while trying to do so.
My story began as my mother carried me in her belly to the great Nawolu trade fair.

Contains the short stories:

Plain Magic
Mimic
Huntress
Testing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,699,791 books! | Top bar: Always visible