Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals by Heidi…

Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals

by Heidi Grant Halvorson

Recently added byThinkUnlimited, private library, Katy11, msvicb, iceT, writerbeverly, ewillse, PatienceFortitude

Great book. Highly recommended. ( )
  INorris | Jun 22, 2014 |
I listened to the audiobook of this and then as soon as I got to the end, I started over at the beginning of the e-book. And I bought a used hardcover, too, so I could flip through it to find particular sections easily. It's that good.

I enjoy reading about psychology, even when it's about issues I don't think I suffer from myself (though sometimes when reading such books, I come to recognize ways in which I do exhibit the behavior being described…), but I generally don't expect them to be really useful. This is the first book about which I can honestly say I believe it will change my life. Wheee! Wouldn't that be nice?

It's a delicious read for the psychology junkie in me, as she describes tons and tons of research studies in a lively way, but it's also extremely practically oriented, with a summary of "What You Can Do" steps at the end of each chapter. I bookmarked each of these in the audiobook so I could listen to them again, and now I'm going through the e-book, copying out passages to my journal and writing out how they apply to me, so that the information will stick.

And even though I find the title of the book embarrassing, I've been mentioning and recommending it to friends since the day I started it, because I want everyone I care about or regularly interact with to read it.

So, I think you should read it, too. ( )
1 vote ignatz | Mar 28, 2013 |

Dr. Heidi Grant Halvorson, a rising star in the field of social psychology, shows readers how to reach their goals--finally--by overcoming the many hurdles that have defeated them before.

39 wanted1 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,152,200 books! | Top bar: Always visible