The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern…

The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America

by David Allen Sibley

A guidebook certainly to find its lofty place within my other treasures. My good friend in Florida remarked yesterday, "Birds offer free entertainment", and I could not agree more. A little late in life for me to find a new interest in identifying birds, but owning a cabin in northern Michigan and a small house near the Indian River estuary here in Melbourne provides ample opportunities for a budding familiarity. Filled with detailed information and illustrations, this book should offer years of delight and even wonder, I suppose. ( )
  MSarki | Oct 24, 2016 |
Just bought this -- over the Peterson, based upon reviews by the experienced. I like it so far, but note that it includes birds of the Southwest, including some "limited" to Texas and Mexico, which I don't understand.

Quality publication. ( )
  JNagarya | Sep 12, 2014 |
This is the book I go back to over and over again to identify birds. The drawings show birds in profile, with additional drawings of birds in flight when the species warrants such drawings (hawks, eagles, etc.).
Reviewed by Jeanette Navia ( )
  hrcvmn | Mar 20, 2011 |
I have used several field guides for birds and have found this one to be the most detailed and with the best illustrations. If someone wanted a recommendation on a bird field guide this would be the one.
  phlegmmy | Jun 1, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 067945120X, Paperback)

The Sibley Guide to Birds has quickly become the new standard of excellence in bird identification guides, covering more than 810 North American birds in amazing detail. Now comes a new portable guide from David Sibley that every birder will want to carry into the field. Compact and comprehensive, this new guide features 650 bird species plus regional populations found east of the Rocky Mountains. Accounts include stunningly accurate illustrations—more than 4,200 in total—with descriptive caption text pointing out the most important field marks. Each entry contains new text concerning frequency, nesting, behavior, food and feeding, voice description, and key identification features. Accounts also include brand-new maps created from information contributed by 110 regional experts across the continent.

The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America
is an indispensable resource for all birders seeking an authoritative and portable guide to the birds of the East.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:10 -0400)

A guide for bird enthusiasts specifically designed for use in the field features descriptions of 650 species of birds from east of the Rocky Mountains, and illustrations that depict species from different views.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,629,044 books! | Top bar: Always visible