The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by…

The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands

by Laura Schlessinger

Interesting book. Once I ignored the frequent anti-feminist rhetoric & proselytizing, I feel she had some very important points & made me re-think & question some long held beliefs I didn't even really realize I had. Any book that makes you do that is what literature is all about! I was particularly surprise by the realization that with all the talk of couples wanting & believing they have an "equal" relationship - many women take for granted their "right" for girls time, shopping spress, venting or ridiculing their spouses, while castigating their partners for daring to want or do the same things!! That alone made it a worth while read. ( )
  CMBlaker | May 6, 2014 |
Very practical, easy to read advice
  WWCMurrysville | Mar 28, 2014 |
My future marriage bible. ( )
  tikilights | Jan 19, 2014 |
This book doesn't have anything in it that we don't realize at least a little bit, but it was good to have it all written down, because I think we forget sometimes. If you want to understand your husband, I think this is a good insight/overview of what goes on in his head/what he wants.

-----------

We're reading this book for book group... I've listened to Dr. Laura on the radio. It will be interesting what she has to say about how to treat husbands.... ( )
  saraferrell | Apr 3, 2013 |
Pastor Rick highly recommends Dr. Laura's books. ( )
  WordandWorshipChurch | Feb 26, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060520612, Hardcover)

Countless women call Dr. Laura, unhappy in their marriages and seemingly at a loss to understand the incredible power they have over their men to create the kind of home life they yearn for. Now, in The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura shows you—with real-life examples and real-life solutions—how to wield that power to attain all the sexual pleasure, intimacy, love, joy, and peace you want in your life.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:37 -0400)

In her most provocative book yet, Dr. Laura urgently reminds women that to take proper care of their husbands is to ensure themselves the happiness and satisfaction they yearn for in marriage. Women want to be in love, get married, and live happily ever after. Yet disrespect for men and disregard for the value, feelings, and needs of husbands has fast become the standard for male-female relations in America. Those two attitudes clash in unfortunate ways to create struggle and strife in what could be a beautiful relationship. Countless women call Dr. Laura, unhappy in their marriages and seemingly at a loss to understand the incredible power they have over their men to create the kind of home life they yearn for. Now, in The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, Dr. Laura shows you -- with real-life examples and real-life solutions -- how to wield that power to attain all the sexual pleasure, intimacy, love, joy, and peace you want in your life. Dr. Laura's simple principles have changed the lives of millions. Now they can change yours.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,331,314 books! | Top bar: Always visible