The People Next Door by Christopher Ransom

The People Next Door (2011)

by Christopher Ransom

English (6)  German (2)  All (8)
I really love the cover that Steve C. Gilberts has done for this book. Great job.

The story is good. I really liked reading this one. Smooth writing, interesting plot, intriguing characters. I just followed along to see where this was all going to end up. I think the ending could have packed a little more punch, but it was still satisfying enough that I didn't feel cheated after reading 400 pages.

I checked out Christopher Ransom's web page and see he has written many other books -- I would definitely commit time to reading his other writing. ( )
  DanaJean | May 8, 2018 |
While this book has a great start and a really impressive nicely tied up surprise ending that you won't see coming the middle does drag some but not enough to stop you from reading at a furious pace to see what happens. ( )
  epweil | Jul 8, 2015 |
A PERFECT FAMILY

Mick and Amy Nash are an ordinary couple leading ordinary lives. And then, into the house next door move the Renders - beautiful, charming, perfect ... and not at all what they pretend to be.

AN EVIL SECRET

Too late Mick learns that something is deeply, darkly wrong with the neighbours. Who are these people? Where did they come from? And what are they hiding in the basement?

A SHOCKING TWIST ENDING

As death and darkness descend on the neighbourhood, only Mick can save his family and expose the horrifying truth about the people next door - a secret already hailed as the most electrifying twist ending in years.

My Thoughts:

I had given up on ‘The Birthing House’ as I thought it was hopeless ad possibly one of the worst books I had read. When one of my fellow book readers at work was given for her birthday ‘The People Next Door’ I did think well can it be as bad as that !

Well not as bad as, but not very good either. I really couldn’t understand the book very well and when it is tea break today at work I am hoping that my two fellow book readers who have both read it can explain it to me. I think I got the gist but I feel like I have missed something. This book has not inspired me to read anymore by this author. The book wasn’t scary at all and I feel like I have wasted a whole Sunday afternoon when I could have read something which I would have enjoyed.

Awful ! ( )
  tina1969 | Jan 23, 2012 |
Yes I did guess the twist in general if not in detail. Eminently forgettable. ( )
  richardgarside | Nov 28, 2011 |
Yes I did guess their secret and the twist wasn't that great. Nicely written, but could have been so much better. I do hate an unreliable narrator. ( )
  JaneDickerson | Nov 24, 2011 |
Es ist offenbar tröstlich zu wissen, dass die Leute von nebenan zur Hölle gehen. - Aleister Crowley
Für meinen großen Bruder Mike, der mich vor den Monstern beschützte und mein Geländefahrrad reparierte
Später sagten sie, sie sei von zu Hause weggerannt, aber Keelie Kennerly machte einfach die Tür hinter sich zu, und niemand versuchte, sie aufzuhalten.

On a quiet street in a pleasant American suburb, the Nash family - father, mother, son, daughter - lead unremarkable lives and wrestle with unremarkable problems. And then the new neighbours arrive. The Renders are beautiful, confident, and charming, and the Nashes are promptly seduced by their charisma, their money, their sex appeal. But the Renders are hiding a horrifying secret.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,380,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible