Fallen in Love: A Fallen Novel in Stories by…

Fallen in Love: A Fallen Novel in Stories

by Lauren Kate

A great side story to the Fallen series. Everyone deserves a little happiness in their lives.

I was glad that Lulu is mentioned very little in this. The story of Shelby and Miles through the announcers and finding comfort in each other is good. You sort of feel sorry for Miles and the way Lucy toys with his emotions. We get to read the softer side to Shelby. They both strip away the barriers and share with each other.

I want to read more of Cam though. I have read Rapture reviews and it sounds like I will miss out on knowing more. I'm sure we will learn even more of Daniel in Rapture. ( )
  sharlenehsmith | Mar 9, 2015 |
May Contain Spoilers, if you actually care

Earlier this year I gave A Man Named Dave: A Story of Triumph and Forgiveness by Dave Pelzer the title of "Most Unnecessary Book Ever". I think this title needs to be divided into genres, because he still gets it for 'Memoir' but this book, Fallen In Love deserves it for 'YA Paranormal' or whatever you want to call this genre. So, I hereby give Fallen In Love the title of "Most Unnecessary YA Paranormal Book Ever."

This book adds nothing to the Fallen series. Nothing. I don't even like the Fallen series that I am in the midst of reading, but this is the book I truly regret wasting my $16.99 on. What a ripoff! I'm not the first person to say it, but Kate's really milking the cash cow on this one.

Timeline wise, this book fits in just before the end of Book 3, but I can't work out which life Luce came from before landing here in medieval England (not that it really matters). Shelby, Miles and Roland have all ended up there, too. And despite being told multiple times, DO NOT MESS WITH THE PAST. What do they do? They mess with the past, to give Luce and Daniel a 'Valentine's Day like no other'. But, if you think this means sexytimes, well you're wrong. It just means flowers and swooning and whatnot.

As well as that, we get some backstory to Roland and Arianne, and then Shelby and Miles fall in love randomly, despite the fact that all they talk about is Luce and Daniel. Everyone is so obsessed with Luce and Daniel and I frankly don't understand the appeal.

You do not need to read this book as part of the Fallen series. If you're reading the series just to read the series, I wouldn't bother with this one unless you too are obsessed with Luce and Daniel and you like their sappy romance and other sappy romances.

I was glad to see the introduction of LBGT characters and also liked how emphasis wasn't placed on the fact that they were LBGT (does that apply to angels?), but more on the good vs. evil battle. I don't understand Tess' reasons for siding with Lucifer and I certainly don't agree with the 'you must choose' mentality. It was interesting but I felt like Kate ruined it with the rushed storyline.

200 pages of crap is not worth the money I paid for it. Should have made it a cheap novella online or even a free ebook with the purchase of another title, for the diehards who are actually enjoying this series.
  crashmyparty | Sep 5, 2014 |
I read this book out-of-order in the “Fallen” series. It is meant to be the fourth book, in between Passion and Rapture. If you haven’t read the preceding Fallen books, you should read them before reading this.

Fallen in Love is a collection of four short stories, centered around Valentine’s Day, about the characters from the Fallen novels. They are all in Medieval England, during the time when Luce is going through time in the announcers and everyone else is following her.

The first story is about Shelby and Miles, and is called “Love Where You Least Expect It: The Valentine of Shelby and Miles”. It starts as they step out of an announcer into Medieval England while trying to find their way back home. They come across the past version of Luce as well as the present Roland. It’s hard to say more than that without spoilers, unfortunately. I will say that I liked this story. I thought it was sweet and well written. It was actually my favorite out of all of them.

The second story is about Roland, and is called, “Love Lessons: The Valentine of Roland”. It tells the reader about Roland’s lost love that he left behind. I thought it was well written as well, but it was a little sad. Despite that, I still thought it was a good story and it gave Roland’s character more depth.

The third story is about Arriane, and is called, “Burning Love: The Ballad of Arriane. This one was really interesting because it explains how Arriane got the burn scars on her neck. I thought it was a great story and I was really invested, but I was let down by the ending. Just like Roland’s story though, this story gives more depth to Arriane’s character and explains her and her motives a little more.

The fourth story is about Luce and Daniel, and is called, Endless Love: The Valentine of Daniel and Lucenda. This story is pretty typical of the the past relationship glimpses you see in Passion. This story is important because, as Bill tells Luce, this is the only Valentine’s Day Luce and Daniel ever spent together. The Lucenda of this time period is a poor commoner and Daniel is a knight. Lucenda believes she and Daniel can’t be together because of the differences of their class status. Nevertheless, Lucenda hopes he will show up to see her at the Valentine’s Day event outside of the castle. This story was my second favorite. It was a little suspenseful and it was sweet.

All in all, they were all good stories, I just found a few of them kind of depressing, and therefore, not my kind of stories. I like happy endings, I can’t help it. They were all well written and I felt invested in all of them. I think if you are a fan of the series, you should read this. If you’re reading the series, but not in love with it, you can skip this and still be able to follow what’s going on in Rapture. I have to say though, it did satisfy my curiosity about Arriane’s scars.
You can find more of my reviews at http://bookwormbookreviews.com ( )
  Aeroette | Sep 4, 2014 |
This book was great in showing us a softer side of Shelby, Miles, Roland and Arriane. It gave us a look into their past and how it may shape their future. ( )
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |

A collection of four love stories featuring Shelby, Miles, and other characters from the Fallen series.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,197,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible