Fallen in Love: A Fallen Novel in Stories by…

Fallen in Love: A Fallen Novel in Stories

by Lauren Kate

I wasn't big on this one- it was four stories that are back stories about characters (parts of which come chronologically after "Passion," so don't skip ahead to this). It does answer a few questions, and reveal a bit more about some of the characters, and the stories eventually all weave together. I didn't like the first story which was all "OMG! He touched my arm and I'm blushing! I must be in love with him!" It did get better, but I still wasn't as interested as I was in the other novels. ( )
  t1bnotown | Sep 26, 2017 |
Really liked how "Fallen in Love" gave perspective on all of the fallen angels and their past relationships, which shaped them. I guess the limited length of the novellas made Lauren Kate get to the point a lot quicker than she does in the books, which I personally really enjoyed. I

My personal favorite was probably the story of Arianne and Tess. I really like Arianne as a character and I don't think she got enough time and development in the first three books. Whilst we are solely focusing on Daniel and Luce, we have undoubtedly neglected other fierce love stories, which have cost the characters a lot.

I also think that perhaps "Fallen in Love" was an attempt at adding what was sorely missing in "Passion". The third book focused solely on the inner character development of Luce, whilst completely neglecting the original storyline. And whilst that provided us with a different kind of dynamics that I personally liked, many insisted that it was too long of a deviation From the original storyline.

The Miles and Shelby romance was my least favorite as I just don't think it was moving or well-written. It sounded generic, unoriginal and out of place in this series. Granted, not everyone can want Luce (and thank God), which is understandable. At some points I'm not sure why anyone would given her staple YA persona. She is the typical main character that is special due to outside circumstances which have nothing to do with her own personality. I wish we saw more development in her. Miles and Shelby, on the other hand, have both been through a metamorphosis, which is sadly insignificant in the grand scheme of the book.

In regards to Roland's story, I felt like we needed more to be properly involved in it. In comparison to Shelby and Miles's novella, which we could have done less with. ( )
  Diana_Petrova | Sep 11, 2017 |
Okay, this book takes you back to the plot line in Passion. You are taken back to Luce’s past in medieval times. You follow the lives of Miles, Shelby, Roland, Arriane, and of course Luce & Daniel. Each of these stories take place on Valentine’s Day.

When I finished this book I thought to myself, “That’s it?” I liked the fact that we were able to take a peak into the lives of some of the other characters. But I was left wanting more. The story of Miles and Shelby was kind of dull, and expected. Reading Roland’s story made my heart break. That little snippet of time in Roland’s life allowed us to see why he started acting the way he does in present time. I think Arriane’s story was the most touching, and shocking, part of this novel. I felt the pain just as she would, and could never imagine having to go through what she did. I was not impressed with Luce and Daniel’s tale. It was the same thing we’ve heard before. I was happy that they were able to share at least one Valentine’s day in one of their lives together. So that was the only thing I loved about that story.

There is also a preview of the final book of this series, “Rapture.” I, of course, had to read it. Now I wish I hadn’t because I definitely cannot wait until it comes out in July. Cam’s smartass comments are bounding just in the first chapter.

I only give this book 3 stars because while I was bored with some of the stories, I loved being able to see other characters lives. If you’re a fan of the series, you will like this book. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
To me, this book felt unnecessary... I don't know, I had this feeling in Fallen of Gothic beauty and mystery of angels, but the series has lost this depth by each book. I hope the ending (the last installment) redeems the series. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
A great side story to the Fallen series. Everyone deserves a little happiness in their lives.

I was glad that Lulu is mentioned very little in this. The story of Shelby and Miles through the announcers and finding comfort in each other is good. You sort of feel sorry for Miles and the way Lucy toys with his emotions. We get to read the softer side to Shelby. They both strip away the barriers and share with each other.

I want to read more of Cam though. I have read Rapture reviews and it sounds like I will miss out on knowing more. I'm sure we will learn even more of Daniel in Rapture. ( )
  sharlenehsmith | Mar 9, 2015 |

A collection of four love stories featuring Shelby, Miles, and other characters from the Fallen series.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,699,545 books! | Top bar: Always visible