Fallen in Love: A Fallen Novel in Stories by…

Fallen in Love: A Fallen Novel in Stories

by Lauren Kate

I read this book out-of-order in the “Fallen” series. It is meant to be the fourth book, in between Passion and Rapture. If you haven’t read the preceding Fallen books, you should read them before reading this.

Fallen in Love is a collection of four short stories, centered around Valentine’s Day, about the characters from the Fallen novels. They are all in Medieval England, during the time when Luce is going through time in the announcers and everyone else is following her.

The first story is about Shelby and Miles, and is called “Love Where You Least Expect It: The Valentine of Shelby and Miles”. It starts as they step out of an announcer into Medieval England while trying to find their way back home. They come across the past version of Luce as well as the present Roland. It’s hard to say more than that without spoilers, unfortunately. I will say that I liked this story. I thought it was sweet and well written. It was actually my favorite out of all of them.

The second story is about Roland, and is called, “Love Lessons: The Valentine of Roland”. It tells the reader about Roland’s lost love that he left behind. I thought it was well written as well, but it was a little sad. Despite that, I still thought it was a good story and it gave Roland’s character more depth.

The third story is about Arriane, and is called, “Burning Love: The Ballad of Arriane. This one was really interesting because it explains how Arriane got the burn scars on her neck. I thought it was a great story and I was really invested, but I was let down by the ending. Just like Roland’s story though, this story gives more depth to Arriane’s character and explains her and her motives a little more.

The fourth story is about Luce and Daniel, and is called, Endless Love: The Valentine of Daniel and Lucenda. This story is pretty typical of the the past relationship glimpses you see in Passion. This story is important because, as Bill tells Luce, this is the only Valentine’s Day Luce and Daniel ever spent together. The Lucenda of this time period is a poor commoner and Daniel is a knight. Lucenda believes she and Daniel can’t be together because of the differences of their class status. Nevertheless, Lucenda hopes he will show up to see her at the Valentine’s Day event outside of the castle. This story was my second favorite. It was a little suspenseful and it was sweet.

All in all, they were all good stories, I just found a few of them kind of depressing, and therefore, not my kind of stories. I like happy endings, I can’t help it. They were all well written and I felt invested in all of them. I think if you are a fan of the series, you should read this. If you’re reading the series, but not in love with it, you can skip this and still be able to follow what’s going on in Rapture. I have to say though, it did satisfy my curiosity about Arriane’s scars.
You can find more of my reviews at http://bookwormbookreviews.com ( )
  Aeroette | Sep 4, 2014 |
This book was great in showing us a softer side of Shelby, Miles, Roland and Arriane. It gave us a look into their past and how it may shape their future. ( )
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
  Dnaej | Mar 14, 2014 |
Loved it! All four stories were really good, I loved learning the backstory of Roland and Arriane, that was a treat! And Shelby and Miles' story was super cute and of course Luce's and Daniel's story was awesome! It's great how it continued the story from Passion and that it ties into Rapture. ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
I know this book is not technically part of the series, but it is the best one so far. She focused on some of the other characters, and did not drone on and on about Daniel and Luce. It was a series of different love stories on one Valentines Day. Some worked out some didn't. I love stories like that. ( )
  Ahnya | Jan 25, 2014 |

A collection of four love stories featuring Shelby, Miles, and other characters from the Fallen series.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,440,792 books! | Top bar: Always visible