Womanthology: Heroic by Ann Nocenti

Womanthology: Heroic (2011)

by Ann Nocenti, Collen Doran, Devin Grayson, Barbara Kesel

Other authors: Gail Simone

Series: Womanthology (1)

A sampler of several different graphic creators from artists to writers but all female, interesting and worthwhile this is a very mixed bag and some may appeal more to people than others, some of it I loved and some I didn't care for but as a look at what some people are doing in the field and how to expand beyond some of the obvious suspects, it's very interesting.

Worth at least a look ( )
  wyvernfriend | May 21, 2016 |
There are too many different stories and individual art pages, etc., etc, in this to talk about too much of the awesome individual stuff in it.

But there were a few of the stories that I loved just a bit more than the rest. I really liked the Lady Power Punch one. The Culper Spy was cool too. The Dream weaver made me thing (and go that Monkees song stuck in my head as well). Omnigirl was interesting, and Yuna's Day just pulled at my heart strings. As did Rocket's Red Glare. The one with the fairies and their injured Fairy Queen was the one mini-comic in the book that made me crack up out loud. And then there was the comic strip that ran along the bottom of almost every page. Entitled RPG, it was awesome and funny (not to mention a little bit ew--), and I actually read it all through before I went back to read the comics above it. It was that good.

All in all an amazing, amazing anthology, and I can't wait to read Womanthology: Space (that's sitting and waiting for me to read it on my shelf). ( )
  DanieXJ | Nov 27, 2015 |

Ann Nocentiprimary authorall editionscalculated
Doran, Collenmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Grayson, Devinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kesel, Barbaramain authorall editionsconfirmed
Simone, Gailsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I've been thinking we should change out superhero costumes to the color blue.

A series of short stories created by women.

Womanthology is a large-scale anthology showcasing the works of women in comics. It is created entirely by over 140 women of all experience levels, from young girls who love to create comics all the way up to top industry professionals. All of the short stories will center around the theme for this volume - Heroic. There will also be features, such as Professional How-To''s, a Kids/Teens section showcasing their works and giving tips, as well as a section dedicated to some Iconic female comic creators of the past, such as Nell Brinkley, and much more. Profits of this book will go towards the Charities of GlobalGiving.org. --amazon.com… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,091,082 books! | Top bar: Always visible