Haven (A Bishop/SCU Novel) by Kay Hooper

Haven (A Bishop/SCU Novel)

by Kay Hooper

This was my first and most likely last Kay Hooper book. I didn't realize that it was in the middle of the series until too late, but really I wouldn't have known if not for goodreads. It doesn't matter if this was a standalone or a series, this book sucked. Character development was minimal, the plot was laughably bare, and too much of everything was obvious. I straight up did not care who lived or died in this. Emma Rayburn fled Baron Hollow when she was a teenager and ever since she's been plagued with nightmares and dark visions. Her special crimes unit (full of psychics and shit) sends her back to her hometown to uncover why she really ran away and while there a body turns up. Oh no! Ugh., I can't use anymore brainpower on this one. Soo not a fan! ( )
  ecataldi | Mar 20, 2017 |
An intense beginning, as the story paints a picture of a victim running for her life. We see her wandering aimlessly through the woods... then we are back to the real world. The drama begins. You will keep reading, anxious to discover the story behind the forgotten memory. Hooper ends the tale with a nice twist that was totally unexpected. I love the Paranormal Unit, and the story told through a clairvoyant's eyes. Kay Hooper has set up a great series with the Bishop/Special Crimes Unit and I recommend this book for anyone who likes paranormal. ( )
  ElisabethZguta | Jan 23, 2017 |
Kay Hooper now on her 13th book in the Bishop/SCU series has set this trilogy to focus on Haven investigators.

When Bishop was creating the FBI Special Crimes Unit, he realized not all psychics would flourish in the government police force. So he and John and Maggie Garret set up a civilian group of private investigators using their psychic talents. They could work on cases that the FBI would not be suited for and they could also work in task forces with FBI SCU

As Kay Hooper does so well this first book of the Haven trilogy focusing on Haven operatives, is steeped in psychics of many callings and a mystery that looms dark on the horizon. A great mix of mystery, murder and the paranormal. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Sep 3, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book. It does say it is #13 in a series yet she has written it so you don't feel like you have to read other books to understand what is going on. Haven is a group of psychic investigators and Jessie goes home to Baron Hallow and to her younger sister Emma to figure out what she is forgetting about from 15 years ago that is blocking some of her abilities. There is also a serial killer in the small town that could be tied to what happened. Kay did a great job making you wonder who the serial killer is and what really happened 15 years ago up until the very end. I found this an enjoyable read. I will probably read more of her books. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
What happened to Jessie 15 years ago was only the beginning. His first. But he was younger then, and even if he had been ready, he didn't dare kill. Not a local girl. Not someone easily connected with him. He was smarter than that even then. he was always in control, always had his monster on a leash. But Jessie is back and could ruin everything for him. Haven is one of the best of the Special Crime Unit books I have read in the series. Even when you think the identity of the killer is obvious - it changes. keeps you guessing right to the end. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |

After a head injury brings on nightmares involving girls being tortured and murdered, Emma Rayburn contacts her estranged sister, Jessie, a psychic investigator.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,024,985 books! | Top bar: Always visible