Deadly Games by Lindsay Buroker

A sea monster? Oh my! Here we find out a little more about the magical system, but it's still all very convenient to me. I did enjoy the overall story, even though it's becoming a little formulaic, however, the next book promises to be intriguing. ( )
  iShanella | Dec 2, 2016 |
Interesting sequel because of the romantic storyline. Seeing practical Amaranth trying to find a bit of love was fun. ( )
  NineLarks | Sep 15, 2014 |
  NineLarks | Sep 15, 2014 |
Deadly Games has everything that made me fall in love with this series and more. Between the car crashes, battles with sea monsters, and banter that’s laugh-out-loud funny, there’s hardly a dull moment. This time, the secondary POV character is Basilard, and his story is extremely well done. Out of all the secondary characters’ arcs, his is definitely my favorite so far. I especially enjoyed the scenes involving him and Sicarius. While the relationship development between Amaranthe and Sicarius is a major highlight for me, the interactions between the assassin and Basilard are a very close second. The ending of the story is completely awesome, and it makes me eager to get my hands on book four. Overall, Deadly Games is a highly entertaining read and the best installment in the Emperor’s Edge series I’ve read to date. ( )
  les121 | Dec 15, 2013 |
Someone is disappearing elite athletes. Amaranthe sees another opportunity to get her team noticed - in a positive light, she hopes. But when her efforts land Basilard and Sicarius in very deep water, will the team be able to rescue them, and the missing athletes in time?

Basilard's turn to garner some additional page-time. Once again Buroker's taken what could be a run of the mill, somewhat tired story line and pumped it up with zippy dialogue, non-stop action, and enough twists and turns to keep things very, very interesting. ( )
  SunnySD | Oct 2, 2013 |
In the predawn light, Amaranthe Lokdon charged up the worn travertine steps of the ancient stadium.

When you've been accused of kidnapping an emperor, and every enforcer in the city wants your head, it's hard to prove yourself an honorable person and even harder to earn an imperial pardon. That doesn't keep Amaranthe Lokdon and her team of outlaws from trying. When athletes start disappearing from the Imperial Games, they may finally have an opportunity to show the emperor that they're on his side. If she and her comrades can get to the bottom of such a public mystery, they're sure to get the credit. But plans go awry when Amaranthe's own men start plotting against each other, the new ally she'd hoped to acquire tries to turn her in, and her best fighter-- and closest friend-- disappears. Maybe getting involved wasn't such a good idea after all...--Cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,568,097 books! | Top bar: Always visible