Lucky in Love by Jill Shalvis

Lucky in Love

by Jill Shalvis

Series: Lucky Harbor (May 2012 - book 4)

Only Jill Shavis could take an overall crappy week and make me laugh and forget my troubles for a couple hours.

Even though this is book 4 in the series it’s really like the first of three new books in the series. We are introduced to all the characters in this book. We meet all 3 of the heroine's in the Eat Me Cafe as a storm is going on outside which cause some outright laugh out loud moments.

Mallory Quinn is an ER nurse who has always played it safe in her life. As the three women are cowering together after the storm breaks the windows and knocks the power out in the Cafe, Amy and Grace convince her to stop looking for Mr. Right and go for a Mr. Wrong. Not long after she finds him passed out from a head injury in the snow in front of the Cafe.

Ty Garrison is in Lucky Harbor to heal from injuries he received while on a mission that killed everyone but him. All he wants is to heal and get his release to get back on duty. He doesn’t want attachments to anyone romantic or otherwise. When his nightmares wake him up he decides to go for a drive and ends up at the Cafe but is injured trying to get in.

Mallory and Ty do the dance of not wanting each other but it doesn’t last very long. But Mallory keeps telling herself this is just her getting her Mr. Wrong out of her system and Ty just can’t seem to help himself even though he plans to leave as soon as the Dr gives him the ok. He doesn’t understand his strange pull to Mallory and soon to the town.

I absolutely loved this book. It’s such a feel good book that will bring you out of any funk you might be in.

I cannot wait for Amy and Matt's book next so we can finally see why Amy has been pushing away and avoiding Matt. Then we get the yummy Dr Josh and Grace's book.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
I really liked this couple! Mallory (a local nurse) was very likable, despite her inner thoughts of being a bit of a doormat. There was just something about her, perhaps it was her patient attitude, that came across as assertive and understanding. Ty...a/k/a "Mysterious Cute Guy"...was a fantastic match for her. He's in Lucky Harbor to dealing with his PTSD and trying to recover from an injury that has him on leave from his job as a Navy SEAL medic.

The heat sizzled off the pages whenever these two were in the same room. They both agree to keep it casual...a "one time thing"...but that gets a bit complicated...for both of them.

Lucky Harbor is one of my favorite small town stories and I love the "Blue Hair Posse" and Lucille's Facebook reports on all the gossip in town. I did miss the three sisters from the first books though. It was still Lucky Harbor, but I would've preferred to see them on the sidelines a bit more. The Chocoholics were great and I can't wait to read Matt and Amy's story. This was a great addition tothe series! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
This book was fantastic. Jill Shalvis has the right amount of humor and emotion in all of her books. I couldn't put it down! ( )
  seanbata | Jun 14, 2015 |
Enjoyable story with plenty of action and lots of funny parts but the hero was too stubborn in his anti-relationship stance. I preferred the heroes in the previous books of this series. Nurse Mallory is at a restaurant when a snow storm strikes with trees through windows and she gives aid to mysterious cut guy Ty. ( )
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Oh, Mallory and Ty took my breath away. The sexiest of the books so far and I think my new favorite. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |

Jill Shalvisprimary authorall editionscalculated
El Attar, SuehylaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 145550372X, Mass Market Paperback)

Mallory Quinn has had enough of playing it safe. As a nurse and devoted daughter, she takes care of everyone but herself. And as the local good girl, she's expected to date Mr. Right. But for once, she'd like to take a risk on Mr. Wrong. And who could be more wrong than Ty Garrison? The mysterious new guy in town has made it clear that he's only passing through, which suits Mallory just fine. Besides, his lean, hard body and sexy smile will give her plenty to remember once he's gone . . .
For the first time in his life, Ty can't bear to leave. Helping this sexy seductress-in-training walk on the wild side is making him desire things he shouldn?t?including leaving the military for good. As their just-for-fun fling becomes something more, Mallory and Ty wonder if they could really be this lucky in love. After all . . . anything can happen in a town called Lucky Harbor.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:03 -0400)

Tired of playing it safe, nurse Mallory Quinn sets her sights on Ty Garrison, the mysterious new guy in town who has made it quite clear that he's just passing through, but when their explosive affair turns into something more, these unlikely lovers must make a difficult decision.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,409,331 books! | Top bar: Always visible