Crossroads by Moira Rogers

Crossroads

by Moira Rogers

"3 out of 5 stars. Good read ... lots of action ... I liked the characters. But still kind of too rushed. =0/ "

Read more of this review here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/02/so-come-on-baby-get-in-get-in-... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 31, 2016 |
In this book we get more of the politics and honestly those shifter bosses are such asses. But then men in power (and women) tend to be that. I liked Nicole, the heroine because she wanted out of that stuffy old world who only wanted her to choose a mate from one of their own sons. But she does have a weakness and that is love, her sister and just doing what she feels is right. Still who could not admire her.

The hero Derek, was turned shifter so to the bluebloods he is just a mutt. And he has liked Nick for a long long time. He is all a man should be, nice, protective of his loved ones, and hot. Together these two will create a little bit of magic of their own.

Even if I do like the big romance, there is so much more to like too. All the side characters are just love, like Kit and Andrew who sure flirt a lot with each other, and Alec, oh he sure won me over in this book and I really want to read his book. He is so alpha and mysterious. When he is near I forget everyone else, yes, awesome side character.

Back to the story. So much will happen. I wish I could tell you all, but that would sure spoil things. But prepare for surprises, heartache and victory.

The world is rich and with lots to explore. The bad guys are bad, but still normal. The passion is great, the friendships wonderful and it was a joy to read.

Conclusion:
I do think I liked this one more than book 1, or is that just because I am in some sort of I want Alec’s book haze? Lol, well book 1 was good and this one is even better then. I do hope the trend continue. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
Getting better! This one did not drag at all, but I still found myself rather uninvested in the characters. It felt like Nick and Derek were just in a holding pattern off stage, waiting for their book to hit "go." Incredibly angry about poor Michelle, both that her romance was off screen and had such heartbreaking results. It seems like werewolf politics is included just to tick me off, too bad there's so much of it... ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: In a world of politics and tradition, can love survive the test?

Opening Sentence: “If you don’t get off your ass, someone’s going to snake that woman right out from under you.”

The Review:

I don’t know about you but a book cover can seal the deal as to whether a book will be added to my ever growing pile of “to be read” books or never even picked up off the book shelf. This is a book that screamed “Read Me”. The overall impression was one of a strong woman facing the world on her own with a protector waiting in the wings. This book lives up to its cover.

Nicole “Nick” Peyton is heir apparent to the Conclave that governs the shapeshifters in North America. However, Nick has done everything to distance herself from that world including moving to New Orleans, opening a bar and refusing to marry for tradition. This no nonsense woman understands politics but refuses to play the game and for that I respect her.

Derek Gabriel was turned into a shifter two years ago and is still coming to grips with his new place in society. Unfortunately for him, the fact that he wasn’t born a shifter labels him a mutt to the true bloods. Derek has cared for Nick from the moment he met her as a human but once he was changed he struggled to gain control of the wolf within and feared even being around her. However, he is drawn to Nick like a moth to a flame and returns to the bar often just to be near her.

The love story between Nick and Derek was a true delight. The character’s chemistry and interactions were the highlight of this book.

But there were numerous times that the story seems to jump or leap ahead in time with no rhyme or reason for the time lost. One minute we are sitting in a cabin with our characters and next a week has gone by which added to my sense of discontinuity. I think that this is what can happen when you have two authors on a story and the thread that had been created is lost.

Even with the leaps in the story, I did enjoy the book and would definitely read something written by these two writers in the future because it is apparent that they are just getting into the groove.

Notable Scene:

Nick toyed with her empty glass. “I don’t know. My father wants me to come to New York. He’s been after me about it for weeks.”

Kat listed a little to the side before Andrew steadied her. “Hey, you should take Derek. Mari said he’s taking some time off, and he’s going to be depressed if you’re not around to hit on.”

Derek glared at Kat, and a furious blush spread up his neck and cheeks.

“I’m sure he’ll find something to occupy himself,” Nick said casually, but she could feel her easy countenance beginning to slip, so she glanced over at Andrew. “Do I need to call a cab?”

“Nah.” He slipped one of Kat’s arms around his shoulders and laughed again. “Up, birthday girl. We’re being kicked out.”

“What?” Kat let Andrew nudge her out of the booth, but she swayed a little when he urged her to stand. “Oh, are they going to make out? Thank God. Finally. Let’s go.”

FTC Advisory: Samhain provided me with a copy of Crossroads. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Apr 12, 2013 |

Moira Rogers is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,032 books! | Top bar: Always visible