I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost…

I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down (2012)

by Jennifer Hudson

Jennifer Hudson is a talented actress/singer and truly an inspiration for both the impressive career she built for herself as well as for the life change with massive weight loss as result. However, the book is not a "must read" and not very well written and could be significantly shorter. There are better motivational books both for career and life style changes but for fans that want to have more backstory of how she got to where she is today - it may be worth the read. ( )
  Piggelin | Mar 28, 2013 |
well written. Only about Weight Watchers and she barely mentioned her family tragedy. But it was a good read and interesting what she went through to get her weight down to a healthy figure. I admire Ms. Hudson for what she's done and accomplished. ( )
  KWoman | Aug 18, 2012 |
WOW! After reading this I can only say that Ms. Hudson portrays herself as Arrogant with a capital A! She is rude to her sister when she drops out of Weight Watchers. She also says she didn't mind being kicked off of Idol, actually it didn't bother her, YEAH Right!! Not knowing much about her before reading this, I can only say in my eyes that she came across as a mean person and I don't want to be exposed to her. Yes, she can sing, But I don't care!! and I am sure others will feel this way after reading this! ( )
  TFS93 | Jul 20, 2012 |

A personal and inspirational memoir from Grammy and Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson, focused on her amazing transformation as she embraced a healthy lifestyle and lost over eighty pounds.

Soulful and sultry, Jennifer Hudson wowed the world with her powerful voice in American Idol's third season, and then took Hollywood by storm with a star turn in Dreamgirls that won her an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. But before we knew her as an American Idol standout, Jennifer was singing in her church choir in the Southside of Chicago. This uplifting memoir tells the story of Jennifer's meteoric rise from American Idol to Dreamgirls to her amazing weight loss on the megablockbuster Weight Watchers diet plan. With the Weight Watchers brand endorsing her, Jennifer gives her fans tips for embracing a healthy lifestyle in order to lose weight and reclaim their bodies. Full of stories from her American Idol days, her experience acting in Dreamgirls, and how her son inspired her to want to live healthfully, this book is a gift for her millions of fans and an inspiration for anyone struggling with weight issues.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:54 -0400)

Relates the story of the author's meteoric rise from "American Idol" to "Dreamgirls" to her weight loss where she embraced a healthy lifestyle and lost more than eighty pounds.

88 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,706,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible