Batman - Detective Comics Volume 1: Faces of…

Batman - Detective Comics Volume 1: Faces of Death

by Tony S. Daniel

Now I finally know the first part of the Joker's New 52 tale. ( )
  Eric.Cone | Sep 28, 2017 |
3.5 stars, rounded down.

So many storylines left unresolved. Drives me crazy. How about finishing the joker story before starting the penguin story?

The artwork is the best part of this volume,and is the reason it wasn't rated two stars. ( )
  ssimon2000 | May 31, 2016 |
A jumbled mass of disconnected stories. Unfortunately, they each feel rushed. ( )
  victorydiv | May 2, 2016 |
Uber, Uber creepy for sure. The Joker escapes for awhile and causes some havoc, but this TPB (one of the seemingly tons of Batman Family New 52 titles) is more about the new villains like the Dollmaker, and a guy that's snake like in regards to his skin and changing his face.

Not to mention a blonde woman with an eye patch who seems to be the sister of a TV reporter that Bruce Wayne is sorta going out with, and she and her sister seem to be daughters of the mayor.

Did I also say that it was super, super complicated. And bloody. Quite bloody.

The art was okay, but not amazing. Not the best New 52 TPB that I've read thus far, not the worst either. ( )
  DanieXJ | Nov 6, 2014 |
I've read all the Batman books that dealt with the Joker storyline but this one was fiendishly left out of the big Joker "Death in a Family" volume. So I knew I had to go back one day and read just exactly how and under what circumstances the J. had his face removed. The whole Joker story is good and we keep meeting new psycho people who will end up patients at Arkham. When the Joker flees, the Batman has his hands full pretty quickly as he and his girlfriend attend a gala aboard Cobblepot's floating iceberg casino. With the Penguin up to no good, what else is new, he's got a crew of all-new super villains joining him and has a double-cross or thee to maybe make-up some time. ( )
  ElizaJane | May 26, 2014 |
One-hundred-fourteen murders over the last six years.

Batman races to uncover the Joker's latest laugh, a kidnapped Commissioner Gordon, and the mystery of the Gotham Ripper.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,753,645 books! | Top bar: Always visible