How Full Is Your Bucket? Positive Strategies…

How Full Is Your Bucket? Positive Strategies for Work and Life

by Tom Rath, Donald O. Clifton

551None18,196 (3.47)2

This book reminds us to do good things each day. This helps children learn their place in the community and how they need to do good to help out each day.
  lexibaldwin | Dec 4, 2013 |
I would use this book to encourage good behavior. I would put a bucket at each table in the classroom and put an object in the bucket when they were behaving well or doing what they were supposed to be doing.
  cbs022 | May 2, 2013 |
A great little book that presents the philosophy/psychology of enabling and pursuing positive interactions with others. A good reminder to be kind to others for a healthier, happier life. ( )
  aarondesk | Feb 18, 2013 |
A little more substantive than some of the other pop motivation/biz books, but it also refined the "recognition for recognition's sake" culture applying common sense to it. ( )
  stringsn88keys | Aug 7, 2012 |
I read this for work and I enjoy the reminder about the influence that I have on other people's days based on how I interact with them. The psyc major in me enjoyed taking the StrengthsFinder quiz. It was a very quick read. My only complaint is that I wish it gave me more specific tips on how to actually be more positive in my interactions with other people and how to deal with people who are constantly negative. ( )
  jasminemarie | Jan 17, 2011 |

Tom Rathprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Clifton, Donald O.main authorall editionsconfirmed
In memory of my grandfather, coauthor, and mentor, Don Clifton (1924-2003)
In the early 1950s, my grandfather, Don Clifton, was teaching psychology at the University of Nebraska when he noticed a major problem: The field of psychology was based almost entirely on the study of what is wrong with people.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159562001X, Hardcover)

How did you feel after your last interaction with another person? Did that person — your spouse, best friend, coworker, or even a stranger — "fill your bucket" by making you feel more positive? Or did that person "dip from your bucket," leaving you more negative than before? The number one New York Times and number one Business Week bestseller, How Full Is Your Bucket? reveals how even the briefest interactions affect your relationships, productivity, health, and longevity. Organized around a simple metaphor of a dipper and a bucket, and grounded in 50 years of research, this book will show you how to greatly increase the positive moments in your work and your life — while reducing the negative. Filled with discoveries, powerful strategies, and engaging stories, How Full Is Your Bucket? is sure to inspire lasting changes and has all the makings of a timeless classic.

Included in this edition is the bonus section "Instructional Guide for Educators," an additional 64 pages with ideas for classroom "bucket filling" activities for teachers to use with their students.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:11 -0400)

In an inspirational handbook, the discoveries of Donald O. Clifton, the grandfather of positive psychology, show how the briefest interactions affect people's relationships, productivity, health, and longevity.

Tom Rath is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,458,118 books! | Top bar: Always visible