Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed by Anna…

Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (2012)

by Anna Campbell

IÀ_•À_•À_m a sucker for an over the top historical romance. The ones with florid faux ballgown covers. Anna Campbell is a mistress of the art with her novels frequently called Regency Noir because they are dark, often Gothic. This one is a fine example of the genre.

Innocent, but slightly over the hill Sidonie prepares to offer her maidenhead to Jones Merrick, the bastard son of a Viscount. She wants to get the gambling debts of her sister wiped out, so she•À_•À_•À_s prepared to sacrifice her virtue. Merrick is a classic Beast with scared face and she•À_•À_•À_s the Classic untouched Beauty who•À_•À_•À_s determined never to marry because of how her dastardly brother-in-law (and Merrick•À_•À_•À_s enemy) treats her sister.

Of course, a bargain is struck and Sidonie agrees to spend seven nights in his bed. The inevitable happens and they fall in love with each other. But that is really where the story starts.

Campbell is a wonderfully lush writer and her eroticism is much more compelling than most erotic romance writers on the market today. I•À_•À_•À_ve been very jaded with most romance lately, so it was a relief to find myself engaged with good writing. Generally I don•À_•À_•À_t like romances where the hero and heroine are virtually the only characters (I tend to find that style boring) but this one worked.

nautilus | Sep 20, 2017 |
This was so full of cliches right from the start I couldn't go on. I'm way past formulaic romance especially after experiencing writers like Courtney Milan, Meredith Duran, Sherry Thomas and Joanna Bourne. I can't take it anymore. There is different type of historical romance out there, peeps, and once you go there there is no way back :)
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
Good but not great. I liked the relationship between the main characters, even though it was unbelievable. What I really didn’t like, is the ending. It was too strange and melodramatic. ( )
  Sarielle | Aug 10, 2014 |
I did not enjoy listening to this book. First of all, I didn't care for the narrator, Antony Ferguson, whose reading style was so slow, and so full of long pauses, that I listened to most of the book with the speed at 1.25. Second, the first 50% of the book seemed to be nothing but long, detailed sex scenes between Jonas and Sidonie. I like steamy, but Sidonie's journey from innocent virgin to hot mamma went by in a flash, and I can easily do without so much description of their every move. I actually liked the last third or so of the book, when things begin to happen, but by then those things felt a little rushed.

Jonas was a fascinating character, scarred both inside and out, and the story of his redemption was very interesting. Unfortunately, that story didn't save the book for me, especially since Sidonie did some pretty dumb stuff along the way. All in all, I understood the lust but never quite bought into the love. ( )
  LadyWesley | Sep 25, 2013 |
Seven Nights In a Rogue's Bed is the first is this series, and is Campbell's most recent book. I just love fairy tale themed books, and this one I would put at the top of the list. I loved the details that are portrayed in Anna Campbell's writing. Jonas Merrick is definitely intimidating, totally irresistable and scarred, but has a soft heart at times. I loved seeing such a tough man be so gentle at times with Sidonie. We see that he has no real close friends, is alone for the most part, but we see a change to begin in him that I found to be fun to see. Sidonie, I thought was a bit holier than thou at the beginning, but as the story progressed I started to like her a lot more. It was fun to see these two fall in love, and definitely had a rocky start. It didn't take me very long to get into it, after a few pages I was hooked. I just love a good romance that has conflict throughout the story, and always has something that occurs that shocks you-delightfully so I might add. I have really enjoyed this author, but this book would be at the top of my list of hers. Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed is a sensual read, filled with conflict and in depth characters, and a deeply romantic and intriguing read. A Luscious Read!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 4, 2013 |
added by AoifeT | editRomantic Times, Kathe Robin (Feb 5, 2013)

South Devon Coast, November 1826

Storms split the heavens on the night Sidonie Forsythe went to her ruin.

WILL A WEEK OF SEDUCTION...

... SPARK A LIFETIME OF PASSIONATE SURRENDER?

Desperate to save her sister's life, Sidonie Forsythe has agreed to submit herself to a terrible fate: Beyond the foreboding walls of Castle Craven, a notorious, hideously scarred scoundrel will take her virtue over the course of seven sinful nights. Yet instead of a monster, she encounters a man like no other. And during this week, she comes to care for Jonas Merrick in ways that defy all logic-even as a dark secret she carries threatens them both. Ruthless loner Jonas knows exactly who he is. Should he forget, even for a moment, the curse he bears, a mere glance in the mirror serves as an agonizing reminder. So when the lovely Sidonie turns up on his doorstep, her seduction is an even more delicious prospect than he originally planned. But the hardened outcast is soon moved by her innocent beauty, sharp wit, and surprising courage. Now as dangerous enemies gather at the gate to destroy them, can their new, fragile love survive?… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,739,212 books! | Top bar: Always visible