Jimmy the Greatest! by Jairo Buitrago

Jimmy the Greatest!

by Jairo Buitrago

619194,696 (3.68)None

Jimmy The Greatest tells the story of a young boy in a small town in Latin America. Jimmy becomes inspired by Muhamada Ali and learns to read and box. The story follows how Jimmy trains and talks to others about literacy and other ideas. When Jimmy's trainer moves to the big city, Jimmy decides to stay, run the gym and open a library.
This book turns the normal story of the moving to the city to make it on it's head. This book shows that there is greatness in staying in your own town, trying to make it better and improve life for your neighbors. The illustrations add a lot of lightness to the book.
  SteveKorin | Jul 25, 2016 |
This is kind of a strange book about a boy living in S. America that is inspired to become a boxer by reading clippings about Ali. His trainer eventually has to leave but he stays in his town, continues training and starts to train others and maintain a place for them to go. I wasn't expecting it to be about someone staying, but I found it inspirational, so see how someone can stay and begin to help others in his town on a small scale.
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Inspired by Muhammad Ali, Jimmy starts training to become a boxer, and while his future looks bright, he decides leaving his small town for big matches might not be the best option for him.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,572,683 books! | Top bar: Always visible