Gambling Men by Amy Lane

Gambling Men

by Amy Lane

This is a cute sexy story about two best friends. They’ve been besties forever. They went to college together and now work together. The make a perfect couple with lots of fun and sexy. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Enjoyed the two main characters. Could have done with less poker references, but overall 3.75 stars. ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Sabrina
Review Copy Provided

I was excited to read this book and I was NOT disappointed. The men in this story were three dimensional. They had development. The love scenes were really special. Sometimes they were sensual and sometimes they were HOT. It is not an action, adventure, plot driven novel. The novel is driven purely by the characters and it is a better story because of it. These characters needed nothing else.

The way Poker was represented in the story was a nice touch. I have played poker but I never really understood the allure people have for it. I would say after reading this book, I still don’t have the connection- but I get how other people would love it. I get how other people would use it as a way to define their life. I never would have thought that a romance would give me that.

The book was told in vignettes type story telling. There was not a lot of time between them, but the story didn’t flow as much as I wanted it to.

Also because of the vignettes, there is no overarching plot. There is no problem to be resolved. It is just a story about how these friends became lovers and how they dealt with what life threw them. I would love to see the author write something about how their life is in a few years, but it is so far from necessary that if it never happens, there wouldn’t be anything missing.

I definitely recommend this book. ( )
  RtB | Aug 6, 2012 |

Quent Jackson has followed Jason Spade's every move in business and in poker since their first day as college freshmen. Eight years later, when Jace finally decides Quent is the one man he can't live without, he sees no reason for that to change. But as much as Jace believes that poker is life, no one gave Quent the same playbook. After their first passionate night, the real game of love and trust begins, and Jace has been playing alone too long to make teaching the rules easy. Jace only speaks two languages: one of them is sex, and the other one is poker. Between the two, he needs to find a way to convince himself to take a chance on love--and Quent to take a chance on him. It's a lucky thing they're good at reading the odds, because they're playing for keeps, and this is one high-stakes relationship that's definitely worth the gamble.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,767,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible