The Epistle of James : a commentary on the…

The Epistle of James : a commentary on the Greek text (1982)

by Peter Davids

A much longer introduction than most, but early on, Davids camps in the redactor camp, one in which I am unhappy to join. This commentary is hard to read with the ubiquitous parentheses. This one is not long on explanation, but Davids is heavy on the use of parallel Scripture and other writings to back up his arguments. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |
As with most of NIGTC, this was a very thorough and detailed commentary, though not as much as I had hoped. I would look to Davids for more detailed information as the second pass through, but sometimes I would find nothing new here that others hadn't already mentioned. Good that he is concise, but I had hoped for more detail.

Other than his conclusion that James is a redactor (compiling his own sermons, or others), it is recommended.

Compared w/ Martin, Blomberg and Adamson, this gets rank 2. ( )
  matthauck | Apr 16, 2010 |
A good tool, but needs others to complete and fill out the theology of this fine work. ( )
  temsmail | Dec 25, 2006 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,548,198 books! | Top bar: Always visible