In the Tall Grass by Stephen King

In the Tall Grass

by Stephen King, Joe Hill

2982937,648 (3.57)1 / 15

English (27)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All (29)
Lacking in subtlety. The first half of this story is effectively atmospheric. The second half tries too hard to be The Walking Dead. All that gore ruined something that could have been much spookier if the authors weren't trying so hard to shock and appall their readers. ( )
  woolgathering | Apr 4, 2017 |
ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2016/11/04/my-year-in-reading-cassie-las-october-2016-wrap-up/

Father and son writing duo Stephen King and Joe Hill join forces to create a chilling cautionary tale about why you should never help anyone … ever. While I enjoyed the horrifying premise, the over the top gross out elements of the short story — which both King and Hill are definitely fond of — were way too much for me. ( )
  yrchmonger | Nov 4, 2016 |
This book was a quick read because it is very short. It did remind me as well of SK's other book about kids in the Plants. I know now Children of the Corn which was not one of my favourite books by Stephen King.

No this was not my kind of book and I do appreciate short stories but to be honest I did not care what would happen to the characters. It felt flat to me but it could be me.
  Marlene-NL | Mar 12, 2016 |

My Thoughts:

I’m not sure what to say about this one guys, if I’m being honest. It started out fantastic, old school horror. You know, creepy with out really giving you too much – making you dread what was on the next page. Then, at some point, the book just kind of takes a turn and not only gives you what you have been dreading, but kind of takes it a step further. No, takes it a step too far. Gives you something you wouldn’t dream of, in this case even kind of makes you gag a little.

I love horror, the gorier the better – but for some reason, this one was a little further than I could enjoy. And really the scene in specific wasn’t even GORY in a sense of what you are reading, the actual words on the page. However, the content of the thing. *shivers* was just wrong.

Hmmm.

I’m a long time Stephen King fan, I’m talking 30 years here guys. I understand the need to branch out into the digital format, I really do. But for me, the long time reader…it seems like these last few shorts (released as digital content only) have been good stories but then there is an element of “what can we throw in here to cause a little controversy, we need to get people talking” I get that, too, I do…I guess. I mean, how else to get press for a short story without spending a shit ton on advertising. So I do get it. And I know this has been in previous books, I just… I don’t know.

In Conclusion:

Well, I’m not sure WHAT I should say here. I guess, if you’re a horror fan, I say give it a go. I mean, just be warned, especially if you are a Mom… that some content in this story may not only disgust – but offend. In this tiny 60 page span, I: sweated, teared up, and gagged. So…

Mom Notes:
Not for children. Contains: language, violence,

**Originally post on www.bunnycates.com**
  BunnyCates | Mar 8, 2016 |
classic King style story, keeps you on the edge of your seat. ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |

Stephen Kingprimary authorall editionscalculated
Joe Hillmain authorall editionsconfirmed

In the Tall Grass begins with a sister and brother who pull off to the side of the road after hearing a young boy crying for help from beyond the tall grass. Within minutes they are disoriented, in deeper than seems possible, and they’ve lost one another. The boy’s cries are more and more desperate.

"A sister and brother ... pull off to the side of the road after hearing a young boy crying for help from beyond the tall grass. Within minutes they are disoriented, in deeper than seems possible, and they've lost one another. The boy's cries are more and more desperate"--Container.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,924,341 books! | Top bar: Always visible