Untold (The Lynburn Legacy Book 2) by Sarah…

Untold (The Lynburn Legacy Book 2)

by Sarah Rees Brennan

this one was a bit sadder thats why i gave it a lower stars but other than that its a great series. ( )
  cupcakeclark | Jun 21, 2017 |
So, in my very excited state of wanting to know more about the Gothic adventure of a little British town, I started reading the second book of The Lynburn Legacy immediately after breakfast at ten. I have to be honest here. The pace with which the second book started got on my nerves. It was slow and with a lot of disappointing narratives which I thought were quite unnecessary because clearly the reader wants to know more about the Ash-Kami-Jared triangle that has formed in the first book and carried over to this. But it seems very confused. And by the time it was lunchtime, I was losing interest and kept skipping paragraphs. But like a sensible and patient reader, I held on to Brennan’s conviction about the other characters’ back story. Kami’s friends- Angela, her brother Rusty, Holly- and more delving into the Lynburn sisters.

I would have loved to read some Japanese history of Kami’s grandmother and more cultural references, but this book concentrates on a fast paced marathon of the dark magic events after about 100 pages or so. Hope my not giving out key words from the book will still interest the reader to pick up this book. I have to say that even though I was excited to know more about the unwrapping of the vivid layers of characters, it also slowed down sometimes when they mouthed ridiculous jokes. I did not expect them to do it, because I had personified them in a strong mental skeleton of serious people. The thing that I most loved in Untold were the poetry verses at the beginning of some chapters by Christina Rossetti (She is fast becoming one of my favourite Victorian ‘spooky’ poets), Robert Burns, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Longfellow. I really love Brennan for infusing these verses. They made me stay and kept my reading interest alive.

I am not particularly very happy with how Ash is portrayed in this book. He suddenly becomes this scared rabbit who doesn’t seem to exercise his charm or take control of events happening around him. Given that the entire nature of this Gothic novel is slightly frightening, he came across as a poorly developed character because the focus was so much on building up the brooding Jared and the confused(?) Kami. She switched between the brothers and at times it made me sick. It’s another thing to be friends with two brothers but to also respond to each of their love calling. I know it’s only a novel, but hey, young adults and children are affected quite seriously with this stuff. I finished the book at tea-time and honestly, was glad to have done with it since it made no sense in a lot of chapters. Maybe I expected too much. It’s been a very long time that I have read a series, a trilogy, for that matter and I was hoping it would turn out to be something I will re-read after every couple of years. Let’s see what the last book, Unmade has in tow to offer. ( )
  Sharayu_Gangurde | Jan 19, 2017 |
Basically everything I thought it would be, given Sarah Rees Brennan's trilogy outline. What was still distracting was that everyone sounded the same (with the exception of the "bad guys" whom we don't really see exchanging lengthy, witty, dialogue). ( )
  iShanella | Dec 2, 2016 |
The Lynburns are about to embark on a wholescale war for Sorry-in-the-Vale, and Kami is the only person trying to stop them. Luckily, Kami may lack magic but she has pluck and the gift of the gab. Unluckily, you can only talk your way out of so much trouble...I absolutely loved the portrayal of the slow boil of the witches' civil war. Kami keeps up a sprightly running thread of whimsical dialog, but her patter cannot conceal the truly terrifying goings on around her. Sleepy little towns that hide dark secrets can be terrifying when done right, and Brennan does it well indeed. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
I liked this one better than the first book. The character story line was more interesting than the subplot of the danger from the sorcerers, which seemed a bit silly until the very end of the book. ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |

As Kami Glass and her friends continue to battle the sorcerers of the Lynburn family in the sleepy English town of Sorry-in-the-Vale, friendships and families are torn apart.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,016,510 books! | Top bar: Always visible